What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip-up Canopy Seals

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
All,

I have a white p-shaped and a black teardrop shaped seal. I am assuming they go on the canopy somewhere, but I don't see any instruction.

What seals go where? They look pretty marginal...is there another seal that people are using on the sides and possibly the front bow?

Thanks,
Scott
7A

side seals.

I remember at least one or two mystery seals in the kit. One goes on the sub-panel bulkhead flange where the forward part of the canopy rests.

For the sides, this works great (from McMaster-Carr):

1120A111 EDGE-GRIP RUBBER SEAL, BULB OPPOSITE GRABBER, 1/16" EDGE, 3/8" BULB WIDTH

I seem to have an issue with the front bow seal keeping rain from running inside the canopy onto the glare shield. If you have a set of seals that work, it would be great to see a few pics of the seals in place, along the front canopy bow and side canopy rails.

Especially around the tip-up canopy hinge attach points.

Thanks!

DWG 24A - RV-7 & 9

Guys,

Look at DWG 24A, Detail D. This teardrop shaped 'Smoke Seal' is what you see there. (P/N RUBBER CHNL S88D20X60 from the Packing List). This should glue to the top flange of the F-786C and is designed to seal the canopy, when closed, against water leaking in.

The "P" STRIP X 50" is used on the canopy decks, fore/aft underneath the Tip-Up Canopy frame.

Back