What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Clear Springs HS Completes its 4th RV-12 Build

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Eagle's Nest Projects - Clear Springs HS Completes their 4th RV-12 Build

Clear Springs High School (TX) completes their 4th Eagle's Nest Projects RV-12 build.

N916EN s/n:120960 A/W Cert: 5/18/2017
Flying off Phase-1 hours - GLO Custom next week - See ya at OSH!
Pictured below are the PLTW Aerospace Engineering 2nd and 3rd period build students.

Aside:
Scott Malcomb, Director of Eagle's Nest Projects at Circle Christian School in Florida, several years ago developed a strong working relationship between Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Eagle's Nest Projects and that relationship continues today to pay dividends to Eagle's Nest build-students. Two seniors from Eagle's Nest-Clear Springs HS, Nikki and Blake, were accepted to Embry-Riddle's Florida campus and were told separately by the admissions office that their participation in an Eagle's Nest build project was a consideration in their acceptance. Congratulations Nikki and Blake... you make us proud!:D

2nd Period - Clear Springs HS PLTW Aerospace Engineering
DSC_2877-L.jpg

3rd Period - Clear Springs HS PLTW Aerospace Engineering
DSC_2895-L.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! What a lifetime experience to have completed an airplane as a team while in high school!

Vic

What an amazing program!! I would love to have taken part of a program like this when I was in high school. Maybe my kids will have the chance!

While these announcements may feel old-hat, i need to remember the group of students keeps changing. This is an incredible accomplishment for the students and the Eagle's Nest program.

For me, this is even more amazing as these students have accomplished something I have not (and likely will not). They have built an aircraft. Truly amazing achievement is effort and learning!

Congrats to Clear Springs and Ernie on number 4. Here in Granbury our kids are nearing the finish line, more to come in three to four weeks.

Pat

Flying #1

I'm happily flying Clear Spring's first plane.. "Elder One"

These young men and women build great planes!

t7xrU

Ernie,
You truly are an inspiration to those kids. This is something they will be proud of their entire lives.

Back