What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The all important pre-buy inspection

rsipp

I recently sold my RV-10 aircraft. As we all know an important aspect of any aircraft ownership change is the pre-buy inspection.

In my case the pre-buy inspection was done on behalf of the buyer by Vic Syracuse of Base Leg Aviation. Vic, as most of us know, is a multiple repeat offending builder of several RVs and other experimental aircraft. He is also a DAR, AI, CFII, and probably one of the Van?s families? most respected experts. He gave the keynote address at this year?s Van?s Banquet at Air Venture.

Vic?s inspection of my aircraft was through, and efficiently completed. The result of his work was instrumental in the sale being completed smoothly.
I believe the buyer is confident he is getting a good airplane and I am confident he is in good hands as he becomes safely acclimated to his new airplane.

So, if you are an RV shopper or seller I would certainly recommend Base Leg Aviation for the pre-buy inspection or any of their other many services.

Dick Sipp
RV-4 sold
RV-10 sold
RV-12 60 hours

As the buyer of this aircraft I second everything said about the whole process. The seller Dick Sipp did everything he could to make a non builder like me feel comfortable with the airplane. Even bringing it from Michigan to Georgia for inspection and sale. Both Dick and Vic were patient with my questions during inspection and transition training. I will post pictures of me and my RV grin later. Clinton Day

Back