What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects... +1

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
ENP - Clear Springs High School - League City, TX

Roger Elder ? 1st solo flight ? Tuesday, August 12, 2014
KLBX ? Bruce Bohannon, CFI

EN-0320Elder201st20Solo_1_zpss5zc7tc9.jpg

EN-0320Elder201st20Solo_2_zpsovf1ffoh.jpg

EN-0320Elder201st20Solo_4_zpstklb73z1.jpg

Roger instructed the PLTW (Project Lead the Way) Aerospace class at Clear Springs High School during the build of two Eagle?s Nest Projects, EN-03 & EN-06. He retired this year from his teaching position and has accepted a Director position with Eagle?s Nest Projects, bringing with him a passion for the program and a lifetime of education and curriculum development experience. In two weeks, Clear Springs will begin building their 3rd RV-12 and Roger will be on-board every step of the way ? inspiring and empowering students, schools, and communities to achievements they never dreamed possible. If you hear "experimental niner zero three echo november" on your radio, say hello to Roger. If the call sounds like it's coming from a 'kid', it probably is and would be one of the Clear Springs build-students taking a lesson... say hello to them too! Track the "Elder One" (N903EN) >> HERE

Last edited:
Congrats!

Congrats Roger! We are looking forward to working with you and Ernie on our project up here in VA. Sounds like ENP will be in great hands for the future!

Great news Roger!

Roger and I flew together to the first AOPA regional summit this sp spring and it was very obvious he had the "bug".

We had an adventure getting to the show and left right behind a Beech Starship.

I wish you many enjoyable hours Roger!

Excellent!! Congratulations, Roger!

20140728_081357

Pic of the two RV-12s from S Texas at Oshkosh 2014. (Still wondering why the Eagle's Nest projects weren't closer to the center of the show.)

Last edited:
While the focus here is on Roger, his outstanding accomplishment, and his new position with Eagle's Nest Projects, there's more... and you heard it first on VAF! (official announcements coming soon)

Scott Malcomb, the aviation program director at Circle Christian School in Orlando and an instructor at jetBlue university, joined with Roger in accepting a Director position with Eagle's Nest Projects. Scott is a mover and shaker and developed our partnerships with Embry-Riddle, jetBlue, Aerosim Academy, MillionAir, Lowes, and others. Under the direction of Scott and his talented wife, Sara, Circle Christian completed the build of Eagle's Nest-10 in just 7-months; and in a few weeks will begin building a second project.

Roger and Scott are a "dynamic duo" and Eagle's Nest Projects is Blessed to have them on-board. Eagle's Nest Projects- "Infinity and Beyond".

Low Pass -"Still wondering why the Eagle's Nest projects weren't closer to the center of the show".

Yea... I'm thinking smack dab in the middle of the "square"! Truth is, for the past two years EAA has been VERY generous to Teen Build programs; and thanks to the untiring efforts of Van and Jerry Graff, EAA has donated the grass area adjacent to the Homebuilders' Hangar for 'Teen-Build' display. OSH display dirt is very expensive and in high demand - EAA is providing us an opportunity to "build it and they will come". We're building... 4 of the 5 flying aircraft on display this year were Eagle's Nest Projects!

Last edited:
DUEL Credits

I'm happy to say that I have had the HONOR to work with Roger AND Ernie the past several years with their Eagles Nest projects. I can say that these two men truly love aviation AND more importantly the transfer of their passion to tomorrows pilots. They have given great amounts of their time (and money) to mentor the young pilots, engineers and scientist of tomorrow.
I can think of no better way to motivate these young kids than to see their teacher solo in THE PLANE THEY BUILT!

Hats off to Roger AND Ernie......Keep up the GREAT WORK! :)

Mike

Back