What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DJM Tailwheel

SeanB

Well Known Member
Is anyone using this tailwheel? : http://websites.expercraft.com/sblair/index.php?q=log_entry&log_id=53693

I bought this one through Van's and I see it for sale elsewhere.

The archives indicate early models peeling away from the wheel. I wonder if anyone has used the same product after DJM switched vendors and has been able to get some good time on it to reestablish confidence.

I really like this tailwheel, but don't want to worry about it.

Thanks,

tail wheel

I had one peel off on the way to OSH used drill screws to hold till I got one @ OHS. I now have a new improved one seems good so far about 30 hours.

Dan,

How long did you use the first tailwheel before it failed?

Also, when did you purchase the new one?

Gary,

I'll be interested to see how yours works. Please let me know.

Thanks,

I purchased and installed one last Oct, 2010; I have about 60 hours on the plane since that time *without* any issues.

The stock Vans tail wheel bearings exploded on my, so, I purchased the DJM version.

Gary

I bought a DJM tailwheel two year ago, last week it failed after one year flying and 190 hours, I want to get a new one, but I have not been able to contact DJM through VAF message or mail:mad:

I bought a DJM tailwheel two year ago, last week it failed after one year flying and 190 hours, I want to get a new one, but I have not been able to contact DJM through VAF message or mail:mad:

Just talked to Dayton (owner of DJM), he is about to go flying. He told me he has not been online the last few days. He said he would get in touch with you when he returns from flying.

Hi Fernando
Can you send me a PDF of your receipt so I can determine when your tailwheel was produced? Did the rubber peel off the aluminum? What was the nature of the frailer?
What I have been doing is just replace the tailwheel. I will also need a mailing address to send your replacement and I will need the old one back. Sorry for any unconvinced

How do I know?

Hi Dayton,

Is there a way to tell if the DJM Tailwheel I purchased from Van's 10-2010 is the improved version or not? I wonder if they had some of the older ones still in stock or if they were all replaced at a certain point.

Also, do you have any data on the improved version not seperating, or does it still happen on occassion?

Thanks,

Back