What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air tail wheel..

miyu1975

Well Known Member
are these tail wheels good or advisable for a new tailwheel driver. Would it be any more difficult or easy than the vans springs...?... I am building a TW -7 and was considering purchasing one...I do not currently have TW endorsement...thx for the advice

tail%20link%20super%20combo%20web%201.jpg

It worked for me.

I flew with chains for the first 100 hrs - and was also new to tailwheels. I didn't really have any probs with the chains however, my 7 just seemed like I needed to stand on the rudders a little more to get it to turn on the ground. I purchased the JD steering link along with the rudder pedal stand-offs about 15 hours ago. Ground handling is definately smoother with the JD steering link. Many have raved about the rudder pedal stand-offs, however, I didn't notice that much change. YMMV

I installed the JDAir Tailwheel after about 125 hours of flying with the standard Vans spring kit. I am VERY pleased with the handling improvements. Much more positive control on the ground.

Quick and easy to install, well worth the cost, based on my experience.

Gary

Back