What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bought a -3A

MedFlightDoc

I've only posted a few times, asking many questions about RV-3's and I thank all of those who have answered (and there were many!) but I finally made a decision and bought a relatively simple and straight forward RV-3A, N154AB, that was delivered yesterday...

Now to just get some dual to get comfortable in conventional gear!

Ryan in Madison, WI

RV-3A

Your going to love your new airplane! The -3 is wonderful to fly from take off to landing! Of all the airplanes I've flown, the -3 will be the one you tell stories about when you are old and in the "home"! Tell us more about N154AB! Fly safe!
Ed Hawkins
RV-3A N272DR
Troutdale Oregon

WELCOME!

Hello Ryan! Welcome to the club! Please feel free to call or email with any questions, I hope you have a long and enjoyable future with your new -3a. By all means I don't know all the possible answers to all the possible questions but I'm having a BLAST with mine and if I can't answer the question... I'm sure I can find the answer through some of these wonderful folks on the forums. When Jan worked me through his -6a and said I was ready.... it was true. What a grin after that first flight! Also, if you can fly a starduster too... then you won't have a problem with the airplane.... I got a shot of David Watson flying my -3a and his RV grin on youtube, Again... welcome to the family!
Best
Brian Wallis

Last edited:
Here's a pic and the info from the RV-3 registry!!

Plans/kit: 10868 Reg: N154AB Owner: Eric Sandifer
Builder: Compton, Ed Engine: Lycoming O-290G

Completed: 1997 Prop: Irlbeck 68 x 64
Wing type: Type 1 Empty weight: 690 lbs
Wing mods: N/A Gross weight: 1175 lbs
Fuel tank: Fuselage Empty CG: 58.3"
Comments: No electrical system

N154AB.jpg

Yes, there she is.

Actually about 720 Ibs empty.
Does now have a starter and battery system (but no other electrics).
Previously owned by Eric Sandifer, who is here on VAF, and who has been kind enough to answer many questions, and who moved up in the aerobatic world to a Pitts when he sold N154AB...

It had the "A" mods done during original build that finished in '97.

Ryan

Back