What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pilots/aircraft needed

tmillican

I posted this the other day. Since no one has responded yet, I'm hoping that it was because the title didn't clearly state that I'm asking people to come fly with me. And the text (below) might not have attracted immediate interest.

So, I need some folks that can come fly for a good cause on Saturday, December 19th.

Please read on for details:

Our airport manager at Columbus, TX, Bob Cowart, passed away in August. His request was to have his ashes spread over the airport; this is scheduled for Sat. Dec 19, when his children are all in town. There will also be a plaque dedicated at the airport in his honor.

Bob was an experienced homebuilder. This spring I was talking with him about getting an aerobatic aircraft. I was considering an open cockpit biplane, and Bob told me to get an RV. I took his advice and began looking. Unfortunately, he was not around to see it.

So, if we have enough volunteers, I would like to arrange a missing-man formation for this ceremony. I would need a minimum of 3 others (ideally 4--to have a spare.)

Plan will be for an 0800 brief, 0900 practice, and 1000 for real.

I'll buy lunch and gas for anyone that can help. Some formation experience desired (need not be formal--FAST card, etc). If we have one person with 4-ship flight lead qualification, that would be ideal.

Maybe the Freedom Flight guys out of CXO could help..

Steven Johnston RVWANNABE on VAF would be the guy to contact.

Many thanks to Freedom Flight

Many thanks to Dick Kardell, Sam Ward, and everyone else from Freedom Flight for their excellent support of Bob's memorial flyby. The family and the entire Columbus aviation community were highly impressed and your involvement gave Bob a fitting tribute. To quote Dianne, his widow, "That is just what he would have wanted."

Freedom Flight, you are truly a class act.

I look forward to flying with you all some time soon.

Troy

I'm glad everything worked out with Freedom Flight and the flyover. I was at Phil's shindig over at 9X1 and couldn't attend the flyover. I'm happy to be a part of it and hope to see you around the area.

Best,

Freedom Flight...

are a great group of guys, who work tirelessly to provide events like this. They deserve all our "Thanks" as they represent the RV group very well. I am lucky to call many of these individuals "friends".

Back