What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X ADSB Traffic ?

N661DJ

Well Known Member
For the G3x expert.
I have a G3X, non touch, GTN650, GDL39. I recently updated the GTN650 software Ver. 6.41. G3X has ver. 11.30, now it appears that when displaying traffic on the G3X either the map page or the traffic page I no longer see the N number associated with the traffic, all other indications appear to be correct. Not sure if this is related to the GTN software update??? Prior to the update I was seeing N numbers ???
Dick

For the G3x expert.
I have a G3X, non touch, GTN650, GDL39. I recently updated the GTN650 software Ver. 6.41. G3X has ver. 11.30, now it appears that when displaying traffic on the G3X either the map page or the traffic page I no longer see the N number associated with the traffic, all other indications appear to be correct. Not sure if this is related to the GTN software update??? Prior to the update I was seeing N numbers ???
Dick

Hello Dick,

The GTN software should not have anything to do with traffic/weather being provided by the GDL 39 or the way it is displayed.

I would start by upgrading the G3X software to V11.70.

On the traffic page, make sure that it says "GDL ADS-B" in the upper left area, and make sure that the FLT ID softkey is enabled. If the system has reverted to using TIS-A traffic, for example, there will be no flight ID shown on the traffic targets.

On the map page, go into Map Setup, Traffic and make sure that the declutter range settings for traffic symbol and label are reasonable. The "Auto" setting declutters at 8 nm, so I always set mine to 20 nm to allow me to zoom out further without losing the display of traffic targets.

Feel free to contact us directly by email or phone shown below if we can help further.

Thanks,
Steve

Keep in mind that you will only see the N number when the aircraft has ADS-B out. Also, some 978/UAT out boxes allow anonymous mode. I've seen aircraft with 1200 where the N number is usually presented.

Back