What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help tuning audio inputs

f1rocket

Well Known Member
I know somewhere in my instruction/plans is a step-by-step process for tuning all the audio inputs. I think its somewhere in the Van's instructions for tuning the pots on the wiring hub. I'll be darned if I can find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

During my condition inspection, I re-wired the music in jack and also downloaded the new widget file from Van's. Somewhere in all that, my audio setting for the voices from the Dynon got all messed up and the voices are loud and distorted. It was quite a surprise when I went flying yesterday. I need to find the instructions for lowering the volume of the voice commands from the Dynon.

Thank you for the assist. I've lost too many brain cells over the past three years. :confused:

Before adjusting the AV-50000A pots, try adjusting the volume in the SkyView software. From page 4-24 of the SkyView System Installation Guide - Rev R:
AUDIO SETUP - Go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > AUDIO SETUP to configure audio output settings.
Joe

Recording

How about this?
When I use my Garmin Virb to record a flight all the radio conversations come throught just fine but the Dynon voice is great on the recording and barely audible over my headset. So clear and correct volume on the recording but not what I hear.

What do you think the adjustment point is?

Patrick,
I do not know. Do you have the Garmin GTR200? Try plugging your headset into the copilot jack and repeating the experiment to see if that makes a difference.

Joe,
I have the Garmin SL40. I am down for annual right now so testing from the co-pilot side will come later.

Back