What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pressure

KRAUSEGB

Well Known Member
Does anyone know what the fuel pressure reading should be for the electric boost pump operating without the engine running?
I want to check if the pump is operating correctly.

Gary

You have to be a detective to find that number and use a bit of deductive reasoning.:rolleyes: In the POH on the Engine Start Check list it say," Fuel Pressure ? NORMAL". So the bottom of the normal/Green band of the fuel pressure indicator is 2.2 PSI. That being said depending on VDO or Kevlico sensor, I have flown in a few different RV12s and that does not always occure. For me, anything more than zero is good to go before engine start.;) If you did your product acceptance procedures and the right amount of fuel drained in the right amount of time with the electric fuel pump on then you should be fine. (Lawyer Speak:rolleyes:) :D

The fuel pressure sender is notoriously inaccurate. Mine says anywhere between 2.5 and 3.5 psi with only the electric pump running. The best check of the electric fuel pump is to do the fuel flow test as described on page G4-1 of the Production Acceptance Procedures.

Back