What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder extentions RV-6A

kdedmunds

We currently have two planes a Cessna 182 and a RV 6A. My wife, who is also a pilot has finally decided that she would like to start flying the RV. We had to put on extensions to the rudder pedals for her and it looks like that will be the case with the RV. She cant quite reach them. We have moved the seat up and have put in pads. We cant adjust that way any more without significantly restricting the controls. Any suggestions?

We currently have two planes a Cessna 182 and a RV 6A. My wife, who is also a pilot has finally decided that she would like to start flying the RV. We had to put on extensions to the rudder pedals for her and it looks like that will be the case with the RV. She cant quite reach them. We have moved the seat up and have put in pads. We cant adjust that way any more without significantly restricting the controls. Any suggestions?

http://www.jdair.com/categories/Rudder-Pedal-Extensions/

If she can _almost_ reach the pedals, those may work nicely. They are a beautifully machined work of art. A little pricey... a friend zip-tied pipe insulation to his... seems to work maybe almost as well.

I can reach the pedals fine, too well actually. The geometry is hard on the ankles. The extensions prevent accidental braking.

If she needs more than the inch or so that these solutions provide... I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a suggestion. Platform shoes??

-jon

Last edited:
i use these jdair extensions. very good quality, easy to install and use.

http://www.jdair.com/categories/Rudder-Pedal-Extensions/

If she can _almost_ reach the pedals, those may work nicely. There are a beautifully machined work of art. A little pricey... a friend zip-tied pipe insulation to his... seems to work maybe almost as well.

I can reach the pedals fine, too well actually. The geometry is hard on the ankles. The extensions prevent accidental braking.

If she needs more than the inch or so that these solutions provide... I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a suggestion. Platform shoes??

-jon

Back