What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question for G3xpert

N661DJ

Well Known Member
I have a dual screen G3X, non touch system with a GTN 650 and the GX auto pilot.
I recently upgraded the GDU37X screens from software version V11.70 to V11.80. am running V6.41 in the GTN 650. It seems that since the upgraded software in the GDU's my altitude hold will not remain steady, wants to vary +- 100'. The altitude hold has always been rock solid prior to the software change.
Is it possible that the new software is the cause of the auto pilot's vnav issues?
Should upgrading the GTN SW. resolve the issues?? Can I go back to V11.70.
Dick

As a data point I recently upgraded my non-touch G3X to 11.80 and my GTN 650 to 6.51. I have the GX pilot as well. I just made a trip from Tampa to west Iowa just outside Omaha (1011NM) and didn’t have any issues whatsoever even though we had to traverse some pretty sporty weather in Arkansas

Last edited:
Hi Dick,

As mentioned please reach out to us with a description of the issue at our email shown below. We would like to help you diagnose the issue you are seeing.

Best Regards,

Brad

Back