What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A nightmarish thought regarding cowl pins

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I love the clean look on my top cowl which uses piano hinge and they go in/out with relative ease but I wonder if they would ever cease in place for any reason as that would be a nightmare.

Did you mean ?seize??
Everytime I R & R those pins I put some Boelube (the solid, waxy kind) on the pins. So far, no problems.

They actually get more loose as you install/remove them. Initially they are a pain in the backside requiring generous amounts of Boelube. After about 10-20 times they loosen up. I was on the fence about them but love them now.

what version of Boelube do you guys use?

The medium paste: 70307-02-001 - 1 ?

soft paste: 70302-12-001 - 1 ?

Or some other?

thanks

lube

I always clean and lube mine each time they are removed. I sometimes use Kroil or another lube. Doesn't really matter much, but they bind less and go back in smoothly. The last inch or so, I grab them with a large needle nose and adjust the final fit.
Cheers.

Did you mean ?seize??
Everytime I R & R those pins I put some Boelube (the solid, waxy kind) on the pins. So far, no problems.

Forgive my spelling, I had mean seize, which might just cause to cease my RV ownership :)

I use soft paste Boelube on my pins and strongly recommend to avoid dry spray lube that is often used on table saw, etc. I used it during the build as well as with my old RV and it actually made removing very difficult. Boelube makes it very easy.

Back