What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone building an RV-8 in the Colorado Springs area?

jet328

I'm New Here
I am looking at building and RV-8 and would like talk to someone who is in the build process. I live in Colorado Springs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Russell

Welcome

I am looking at building and RV-8 and would like talk to someone who is in the build process. I live in Colorado Springs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Russell
Welcome. A small group up here in the high country communicate via an e-mail group.
All builders of various models including RV8.
Shoot me an e-mail if you would like to be included. First and Last name is preferred.
Wirejock at gmail dot com

Russell

I don't know what's in process right now but I'd reach out to Loyd at meadow lake http://www.rvbuilder.com/ he may have an 8 in the shop and is very knowledgeable.

I'm building an RV8 fastback up in Erie, most of the construction is done, working on the avionics install and prepping for my engine which should be here around the new year.

Russell,
As Larry said, there are a few of us in the area - including COS - and we stay in contact via email. I'm building a -7 in the Springs. Loyd is a very experienced builder at KFLY and I talk to him on a regular basis as well. Good luck, let us know if we can help.

Ryan

Thanks for all the replies!

Larry, I emails you so I can be added to your email group.

Ryan, where in the springs do you Live. I am in flying horse. I Would like to take a look at your project, especially how you set up you work space. Let me know if you would be ok with that. russbane at yahoo dot com.

Russ

Hi Russ -- I've got an RV-8A going here in my garage in the Black Forest. Check your e-mail!

Best...

Jerry Oney

Russell,

Welcome to the Colorado email group, as well as VAF (great place!). There are several Denver EAA Chapter Members (Chapter 301) that have 8s, and at least one that is currently building an 8, if you ever get up in our neck of the woods. There are a few of them that fly with the Rocky Mountain Renegades formation team too. Lots of support for RV builders here.

Another COS

Hi Russ,

Another Colorado Springs builder here. Well into a -7 build. Know many Meadowlake guys as well. Sharing a hangar with 9A buddy at KFLY. I just moved from Flying Horse within the last year.

Looking forward to meeting you and Ryan when schedules allow.

Also, agree with Ryan. Loyd is an -8 guru. Have known him for quite a few years. Pretty certain he doesn't need to look at the plans to build one.

Colorado Springs RV owner wannabe

I live in the Springs also and am getting closer to RV4 or 8/8a build (or maybe buy) and saw Russell's OP. I have recently been out to KFLY to see Loyd, and I may take advantage of his experience and building skills. I am hoping to connect with local RV owners and especially those that may be wanting to build a 4 or 8 anytime soon, possibly to partner with me in the build and/or maybe hangar space.
I also sent message to Larry Larson's build site to join the email list.
Thanks,
Wyn

Back