What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Post PMAG install RPM difference

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Before my dual PMAG install I was using a hall sensor on a slick mag and was getting just over 2700 for max RPM on takeoff.

Now with the PMAG RPM sensor I'm getting a reading of 2810.

Anyone have similar experience?

Using Garmin G3X Touch 8.4.

increase in RPM

Hi,

I had a very similar experience. I was running on dual pmags with the electric vans tachometer driven from the tach drive. I installed an EI commander and saw an increase of 100 plus RPM from the previous tacho.

This concerned me because I run a Sensenich prop limited to 2600RPM, obviously if the old set up was reading 100 rpm too low I could have busted the limit without knowing.

I have to confess that even though I took my optical tester up to check on the new numbers I have not yet tested it....... but will in the next few weeks. I never go above 2400 anyway.

increase in RPM

Hi,

I had a very similar experience. I was running on dual pmags with the electric vans tachometer driven from the tach drive. I installed an EI commander and saw an increase of 100 plus RPM from the previous tacho.

This concerned me because I run a Sensenich prop limited to 2600RPM, obviously if the old set up was reading 100 rpm too low I could have busted the limit without knowing.

I have to confess that even though I took my optical tester up to check on the new numbers I have not yet tested it....... but will in the next few weeks. I never go above 2400 anyway.

Back