What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-15 on new VA site?

Personally, I'm waiting on the RV-11...

Something between the RV-9 and RV-12. It should be an quick-to-build 4-place touring aircraft, with RV-9 speeds and superior fuel economy...made for the Rotax 915 iS.

It could use the wings and tail from the -9, but would need an all-new fuselage to account for the (light) weight of the 915. Front row ahead of the spar like the -12, and rear seats behind it...

One can dream, right??

Not even April 1st!!

230kts Vne? Like a new prepunched RV-3+? With completeness of the -14. Hmmm.

Great site:)
I love my 8, the best looking vans design ever, but if I had my way a slightly longer version would be perfect👍

I wish someone would make a 4-place acro machine so I could have one plane to both haul the family XC and do gentleman?s acro solo or dual the other 70% of the time.

Love the new site. I've been saying that i will buy a kit and become an RV builder, not just a flyer, in a few years when the kids are out of college and I have some more time at home (closer to retirement). But now I'm thinking if an "RV-15" or rather "RV-18" is released similar to what DR has been discussing, I may have to have one sooner

What about the RV 5

I thought was the glider was -5. No -11. No -13 superstition? There will be a -15 maybe that's the Super Vans Bush Plane we see in the new website maybe thanks to DR.

I thought was the glider was -5. No -11. No -13 superstition? There will be a -15 maybe that's the Super Vans Bush Plane we see in the new website maybe thanks to DR.

"RV-11 is the Van's Aircraft designation for a proposed single-seat touring motor glider design similar in layout to the AMS Carat. The prototype RV-11 uses the wings of an HP-18 sailplane mated to a specially built fuselage."

Unlike the -11, the -5 actually flew (and is supposed to fly again) - single seat, low powered, designed as an LSA long before there was an LSA....

RV-X/XA

Remember in algebra "X" is used for the "Unknown." So the "RV-X/XA" is the "Unknown RV."

Well, it's "Unknown" to the masses, but it may be "known" to a few... hmmm.

Fun times! :)

Back