What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOG EFIS failure

h&jeuropa

Well Known Member
My GRT Sport HS PFD stopped working shortly after takeoff. First the bottom of the PFD turned black, then the entire display had lots of horizontal lines first white then yellow. Powered off and back on, no change. Diverted to nearby airport. While in route turned on vent fan since glareshield felt hot and a few minutes later the display came back on but seemed stuck showing horizon banked. Perhaps that was because the airplane was banked when I powered it back on. After landing, display seemed normal during landing and taxi.

I'm thinking it might be too hot. Anyone got ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Jim Butcher

If it's the same problem my 2007 vintage Sport SX had, it's the display cable. Specifically its connection to the PC board. I called GRT and they talked me through the procedure.

Fairly simple. Remove display from panel, open up back, identify display ribbon cable (runs from display to a PC board). Pop the connector loose from the board, then re-seat. The whole procedure took maybe 10 minutes. That took care of mine.

If that doesn't work you can send in the display and they will replace the cable.

Back