What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip for plans

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I assume that everyone has their own way fo dealing with the plans, but here is mine:

1. print out all the plans single sided 11 by 17 (either originals or revised)
2. put the 2 sided plans into the binder and leave in house (some where that annoys your significant other). Mine have been on the end the center island counter in the kitchen for a number of years.
3. Single sided plans in garage (where ever plane is) held together with a binder clip when not in use.
4. I put a check after every step, initial, date and put L when complete the R when complete. Different date if not at the same time.
5. At the end of a page I sign top right corner, date, "complete" and then I snip off the corner with scissors. that page goes to the back. Once all the pages are complete and the corners are clipped, I sign and date the from page and clip off the corner. This way I easily know which page is not done--the corner is still there.
6. Anything that will go unfinished on a page gets highlighted, so I don't have to look for it. And may be a note as to why I did not finish.
7. I also take my finished sections and scan them to the computer, so I have a digital copy.

I think that this has helped me keep track of things. I always have plenty of sections in process and not finished. I can pick up that section and start plugging along again easily.

I assume that everyone has their own way fo dealing with the plans, but here is mine:

1. print out all the plans single sided 11 by 17 (either originals or revised)
2. put the 2 sided plans into the binder and leave in house (some where that annoys your significant other). Mine have been on the end the center island counter in the kitchen for a number of years.
3. Single sided plans in garage (where ever plane is) held together with a binder clip when not in use.
4. I put a check after every step, initial, date and put L when complete the R when complete. Different date if not at the same time.
5. At the end of a page I sign top right corner, date, "complete" and then I snip off the corner with scissors. that page goes to the back. Once all the pages are complete and the corners are clipped, I sign and date the from page and clip off the corner. This way I easily know which page is not done--the corner is still there.
6. Anything that will go unfinished on a page gets highlighted, so I don't have to look for it. And may be a note as to why I did not finish.
7. I also take my finished sections and scan them to the computer, so I have a digital copy.

I think that this has helped me keep track of things. I always have plenty of sections in process and not finished. I can pick up that section and start plugging along again easily.

I did almost exactly the same thing, except for initialing each page and cutting the corner. Copies of the build manual and copies of the drawings, check marked/dated every item in the manual, L/R when applicable, highlighted TBD items, line-throughed items N/A to my build (for whatever reasons), then final assembly check included verifying every part of every drawing.

Made for a thorough build log to take to FSDO for the Repairman's Certificate.

Back