What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEW SERVICE BULLETIN

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Van's service bulletin 00006 reference potential leaking of KAVLICO pressure sensors. We're fortunate that Van's is forwarding this info to us. Check it out.

Not a Kavlico Pressure Sensor?

Looks like mine is not a Kavlico Pressure Sensor. I'm not clear what brand it is I have tried to do some research and can't seam to find any manufacture info. Anyone recognize this brand. The last three of the part # are E4C. I don't have a photo of the entire P/N in my photo archives. Maybe someone else has one too?

oCf.jpg

2015 RV-12 S-LSA

Van's service bulletin 00006 reference potential leaking of KAVLICO pressure sensors. We're fortunate that Van's is forwarding this info to us. Check it out.

I hate taking the cowling off my factory built RV-12 to check because it is not uncommon to chip a little paint. Does anyone here know if a 2015 RV-12 SLSA uses Kavlico pressure sensors?

Run a strip of masking tape, (the blue stuff works well), around the cowling edge before removing and leave it on until you return the cowling to service. This will help greatly in protecting the paint from chipping around the cowling.

I use 2" wide painters tape for the lower cowl if I'm removing / replacing myself without help.

Run a strip of masking tape, (the blue stuff works well), around the cowling edge before removing and leave it on until you return the cowling to service. This will help greatly in protecting the paint from chipping around the cowling.

Thank you. I'll do that next time.

Back