What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great Lake shores, low and slow.

Ivan Kristensen

Well Known Member
Recently I did something I have never done before. It was a beautiful day here in South Western Ontario so in keeping with the Corona Virus self isolation I decided to go for a long slow and low flight to explore the north shore of Lake Erie from Long Point to the Welland Canal.
This was such a great experience that I continued the adventure north along the Welland Canal across the Niagara Peninsula to the St Catherine airport where I picked up the south shoreline of Lake Ontario. I followed it to the Burlington Skyway before heading back to Kitchener.
Right after I landed back at Kitchener I managed to catch the landing of a Chartright Global Express. In one photo it looks lige he put it right on the top of their own hangar..

An iPad Mini screen shot from FltPlan Go showing the routing.

IMG_0012-X2.png

A small community on Long Point in Lake Erie.
IMG_0212-X2.jpg

Entrance to the Harbour at Port Dover.
IMG_0216-X2.jpg

IMG_0221-X2.jpg

125kts @ 7.7gph. 2000ft or approx. 1500Ft. above the lake. The red colour on the map screen shows rising terrain in NY State..
IMG_0223-X2.jpg

IMG_0229-X2.jpg

Entrance to the Welland Canal from Lake Erie on the Niagara Peninsula.

IMG_0234-X2.jpg

IMG_0237-X2.jpg

A typical "Laker" going through the canal.

IMG_0242-X2.jpg

A good look at one of the 8 Locks on the Welland Canal. Locks #1 thru #7 being 766 feet (233.5 m) long and 80 feet (24.4 m) wide.
IMG_0245-X2.jpg

More Low and Slow

The Queen Elizabeth Way aka QEW crosses the entrance to the Hamilton Harbour on the Burlington Skyway,
IMG_0252-XL.jpg

Touch down:eek: of a Global Express at my home airport.
IMG_0258-XL.jpg

IMG_0262-XL.jpg

Back