What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 ULS heater duct for pax

EastCoastFlyer

Friend
Has anybody tried to fabricate a duct over to the passenger side to get some feet heat to the passenger side on the "classic" RV-12? I'm going to try to fabricate a shroud over part of the heat louver at the pilots feet and use some SCAT hose to dump some heat onto the feet of the passenger compartment. Just curious if any body has already done some experimentation.

Ever thought of rerouting air through a SCAT inside the engine compartiment? One would think that's perhaps not easier, but far more estethic. And the connection plenum/SCAT is easier to do as well, I guess.
Curious what you come up with. I' m still building, but it is somewhere on my list. First want to experience how passengers feel ;-))

Van?s sells a Winterization Kit for the RV-12 which includes a selection of three baffles for the oil cooler and a sliding baffle for the coolant radiator. With these baffles you get excellent cabin heat. Never had a complaint from passenger regarding cold feet.

As a point of reference, I flew a J3-Cub for twenty years and only heat was on big toe of left foot.

Back