What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What are these, and where do they go?

jeffw@sc47

Well Known Member
Like finding Waldo >
o35.jpg

These two aluminum strips, each 29 1/4? long, 5/8? wide, 0.018? thick; may have originally come attached to each other and had to separate. They are now primed and the part numbers removed. There are 15, #27 holes equal spaced 2? O/C and about 1/16" off center down the strip's length. The holes align with the forward 15 holes of the 16 holes each side of canopy frame part C-01419-L&-R. They align perfectly with the zone 2 screw tighten sequence called out > RV14 Finish Kit, pg 38-27 figure 4. I have scoured instructions and cannot locate or identify. They would fit perfectly in the canopy frame there but no instruction that I can find to put them there.

I have also looked through the Fuselage manual, as well as the packing lists for a description that would match, NO FINDY.

The clouded highlight identifies the holes that align perfectly between the C-01419-L part and these strips.
o3f.jpg

EDIT 11:30am > I think I just found them >> Page 38-22, Steps 7. and 8. (Figure 3.); 'USE C-01423 IF REQUIRED". Shims if canopy thickness is less than needed.

Last edited:
They go between the canopy plastic and the side frame pieces "if" the space between the canopy and the side frame is above a certain value. It keeps the sides from pulling on the plastic.

If needed?

Thanks, I did discover them in the interim.

Is there another indication of the canopy rail "needing" the spacers? Will something look like it's binding or buckling?

The canopy thickness is right on, but are there other indications that the shim strip may be needed?

Last edited:
Back