What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel return bulkhead fitting

Barneybc12d

Well Known Member
I am installing a duplex fuel valve in my 14. The return line is secured in the supplied brackets, parallel to the feed line and exits straight into the wing root. What works out the best in the wing root when connecting to the fuel tank, a straight or elbow bulkhead fitting. Anybody been there-done that?

Barney

Braided hose

I used a straight fitting then crossed from the fuselage to the wing with SS braided fuel hose. I originally had a short aluminum line that went straight across. That line is not straight and is only about 2.5 to 3 inches long. That makes a stress free sealed connection very difficult. I changed over to crossed flexible lines for two reasons (1) it relieved the stress on the fittings and (2) it allowed the top of the duplex valve to be the fuel filter connection making maintenance easier. This also reduced the number of AN 90 degree fittings on the suction side of the pump. Steve at Aircraft Specialty has the dimensions as he made the lines.

P.S.- Be very careful to purchase the Andair valve that has the same mounting top as the supplied valve. I wound up having to create a nutplate ring to go under my valve. Communicating with Andair will be very frustrating. Don't even bother with email unless you enjoy pain. :)

f1wrk5.jpg
y

Last edited:
Back