What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke

Barneybc12d

Well Known Member
Has anyone purchased a Smoke System Helper hidden tank for their RV14?

nwa1zn.jpg

Fuselage art.

35iyee1.jpg

The reason I asked is I want to install Marvin's hidden tank. Before I attach the baggage floor, is there any plumbing installation that would make a future install easier/better?

That guy has some awsome quality tanks and smoke systems..I have friends that has purchased them and I will be getting one from him.. The hidden smoke tanks that go behind the seat are great .. And all his products are high quality. He has the best for the best price that I can find.

I'll bump- has anyone installed the Smoke System Helper RV-14 tank? The Smoke System Helper web site is stingy with any details other than a picture of the tank just sitting on the floor behind the seat with no visible fasteners. Any pictures or advice about installation would be welcome. Where did you mount the pump? How did you route the plumbing? Did you add another through hole in the fire wall or use an existing hole? Did you install nut plates under the baggage floor before installing the floor? Did you add any reinforcement angle under the floor?

Smoke Tank Install

I'm also looking to install my smoke tank during the construction of the Fuselage and I ran across someone's install that looked really great and for the life of me I cant find it anymore. They had mounted all the plumbing and all the other components under the floor for a really clean install. Does anybody know or has seen this before and can direct me to where its at?

Thanks

Any details on the installs? Anyone put in a one way check valve? Anyone replace the heavy black hose with something lighter and more flexible?

RV -7 smoke install

I did it in my 7 helper tank behind the seat. Lots of space here. You should have more. My plane has the “almost a 14” mode for more headroom. Ran the rubber plumbing under the floor and up the forward tunnel. Pump mount on the floor behind the seats.
IMG_4593.jpg
[/ATTACH]

Back