What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake pedal angle?

goflynRV7

Hey All,

I'm setting the brake pedals into the weldment and one item is not clear. Although I might answer my own question as I think about how to ask it. :rolleyes:

Here is the first photo:
brake1.jpg

Should the pedal be in-line with the weldment mount?

-or-

Offset like this in the second photo:
brake2.jpg

I think that the plans are saying to drill the pedal side plate with my trusty #40 bit in about this location then once I have the pedal in the weldment final match drill with the master cylinder. This will put the pedal at an angle to the weldment.

brake_drawing.jpg

Whatdyathink...did I answer my own question?

Thanks,

Brake Pedal Angle

I had the same problem. Since I had the QB Fuse, I hung the rudder pedal weldments in the Fuse. The brake pedals aren't the same angle. They need to be about 90 degrees. You can adjust the angles a little when you build the cable attach links.

Derrell
7A Finish

You should tip the brake pedals forward, or you may find that you are applying brake pressure inadvertantly. You want to set them so you are deliberately applying brakes when you want them. I think your second picture looks about right.

Setting the pedal angle

Well I might be rebuilding the pedals again then if this becomes an issue. Dan set them up more vertical based on his web stuff. I drilled them vertical as well. Seems like one of those things that is not noted well by Vans in the manual but then is something that can be fixed down the road fairly easily I guess. Just send off for more rivets and pedal metal....:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Back