What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery box question for these who have mounted engines

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
I am going to use a multi use battery box from earthx. This box will fit the earthx batteries and the traditional odyessy (if my weight and balance forces me to). This box is different from the kit one in that the mounting flanges bend outward rather than inward. Therefore it is a bit wider than the Vans box. Seeing what is on your firewall, would you recommend I mount it left or right of the intended location 1/2-1 inch mind you?

Thanks

The issue you will have with the standard location is on the outboard side. The standard battery box location has 1/4"+ distance from the flange of the brake fluid reservoir. Moving inboard to clear that should not be a problem.

Moving to the inboard side does bring you closer to the firewall pass thru but as long as you don't move very far it should not be an issue.

In my case, I have a secondary alternator from B&C that would be getting real close to the battery terminals if I had had to move the battery inboard.

Back