What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Things you would have done differently?

Sound proofing on the interior firewall before installing the brakes and instrument panel.
An inch or two more slack in my wire runs.
No insulation between the floor panels and the bottom skin.
Insulate the aft surface of the aft baggage wall.
Built a 10 sooner in life than I did!

Dennis,
Building fuse now and was planning on adding some insulation/sound deadening to floor. But have REALLY been on the fence about this. You did it, but say you wouldn't do it again. Can you elaborate? Simple too much effort and cost for too little gain?

Last one

The LAST one! :p

I really like mine, but the extra work caused be relocating the rudder cable attachment into the tunnel, the fact the I couldn't use the Aerosport rudder trim, and the lower price of the retrofit kit would have led me to choose the current kit over the one I have.

You should be good to go with this setup (including the Aerosport trim system).

Sorry Ed, but you can't claim that one any more. A buddy of mine just installed a full set from Paul about 3 months ago. It was installed about a week after he received it from Paul. Not sure how he got it from Paul but he did. Ed, you can still claim one of nicest -10's out there though. I am a frequent flyer to your build site. I was thinking about the retrofit kit but not sure if I can justify the cost.

Control Approach Full Rudder Pedals are back

Hello,

I just talked to Paul at Control Approach and he has new sets ready now for welding and delivery around January 2018. If I heard him correctly, he has parts to build 20 sets. 14 sets, now 15, are spoken for.

Give him a call if you want the new set. Paul says they are now even lighter than before. These are the assemblies where the cable arms fall inside the tunnel so the cables do not need to exit the tunnel.

Regards,

...I just talked to Paul at Control Approach and he has new sets ready now for welding and delivery around January 2018....

Give him a call if you want the new set. Paul says they are now even lighter than before...

I have a set of Control Approach pedals on order. Apparently, the design is ever evolving. Paul said he's about to implement a minor change to mitigate some kind of offset or alignment issue.

Regardless, BUMP! because this thread topic is worthy of continued discussion.

Back