What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Better FBO at John Wayne (KSNA)?

N729LS

Well Known Member
Patron
I need to go to a meeting in Newport Beach next Monday, a short walk from the GA side of John Wayne. I'll be flying in from Mesa, AZ (FFZ), landing about 08:00 and leaving in the late afternoon/evening. (No planned overnight.)

Can anyone tell which which of the FBOs there, Signature or Atlantic, offers the best deal/service for such a trip? It seems like there are lots of "fees" at both! I wouldn't have to buy gas, but could. (There are numerous local fields with ~$4.00 gas here, vs. $5.75 :eek: there).

Thanks,
Andy

I fly into KSNA 2 or 3 times a year to visit my parents who live nearby. I used to use Atlantic until about 4 years ago, then I switched to Signature because Atlantic strongly favored the bizjet crowd and made me feel unwelcome there. Maybe times have changed, but Signature still treats me very well.

I haven't been to SNA (yet), even though it is close.
I would simply call both FBO's and ask. Buying gas at a premium and waiving some of the fees usually is the way to go if you are in a hurry to get in and out.

I have had the best luck in this type of situation to call the FBO. Quiz them on the services they provide and the fees then make a choice.

By calling ahead you establish a better understanding of how they manage their operation as opposed to just walking in blind folded :eek:

Most FBOs will waive any ramp fees if you buy XX gallons of fuel. Usually an RV cannot hold that amount so I tell them I will top off and (so far) have always had the ramp fee waived. Top opff before you leave home so you will have to buy the least amount of fuel there.

Back