What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cessna Knowledgeable person??

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
My girlfriend is learning to fly and would like to buy a C150/152 to build time before getting a transition to RV's.

I'll have a new 7 flying soon and I'd love to have her checked out after she gains some insurance capable hours.

A search of XXXXXXXXX shows a plethora of 150/152's out there. Looking for someone who is knowledgeable on them to assist in selecting a decent one.

Feel free to contact me directly. [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a choice, go for the C-152. Has a bit more hp than the C-150 and the "performance" is a better. You will pay a little more for one but you'll get that back when/if you sell it. I loved my old C-152. It was originally a club plane, then two private owners, then I sold it to a flight school in MN. Had over 11,000 hours on the air-frame when I sold it! Very EZ to own,fly, maintain, and insure. Good luck with your search.
26303004557_f2a987d923_z.jpg
[/url]DSC09181 by David C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Look for this book

Owning, Buying or Flying the Cessna 150/152, a Handbook for Owners, Potential Buyers and Student Pilots,

Paperback?2004

by Mike Arman

Think Tailwheel..

If she is going to fly a -7, you might want to look at a TW aircraft, Taylorcraft, Champ, ect...the tailwheel time will be the important part. The insurance company will want that time more than anything else I believe.

Got a Cub

If she is going to fly a -7, you might want to look at a TW aircraft, Taylorcraft, Champ, ect...the tailwheel time will be the important part. The insurance company will want that time more than anything else I believe.

I currently have a J3 Cub being restored in Wisconsin. She can get her tail endorsement at a local school that has some Cubs. Then, after some experience, I'll send her up to Mike Seager for RV transition.

My -4 was built by a guy with no flight training. He learned to fly in it after he built it.

If it were me, I'd get her some dual in a Cub, Luscombe, etc. If she survives a couple of hours in any of the old taildraggers, she'll do fine (or better) in the -7, and transition will probably be faster as a student than it will be if she develops bad habits in a 150.

RV's are like electric guitars..... ;-)

Charlie

Back