Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Default stick-to-stop clearance

Mark,
Each cable has a tolerance of plus or minus 1/8". It is possible to have two cables that are 1/8" short adding up to 1/4". Since there are 28 threads per inch, that quarter inch amounts to 7 threads, 3 1/2 on each end of the turnbuckle.
As for checking the stick-to-stop clearance, temporarily attach an angle in lieu of the cover while setting the tension and checking clearance. Two screws are enough through the angle if they go into the bearing bracket.
Joe
Old 03-27-2010, 10:32 AM

Default Thanks Joe

That is a great idea. I'll try it today.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Default New Cable

Van's sent me a new cable. I put an AN3 bolt through the eyes of both the old and new cables to hold their ends even for measuring. The new cable measures 33.75", right on spec and is 1/8" longer than the old one. Not having the borrowed tensiometer anymore, I tightened the turnbuckle until the under-knee bulkhead was pulled aft by 1/32". Now there are 3 threads showing on both ends of both turnbuckles. I will check the tension again when I borrow a cable tensiometer and the seat ramp cover is in place. Having cables of the correct length solved my problem of too many threads showing on the turnbuckle.
Joe
Old 07-08-2019, 07:58 PM

Default Cable length

I know this is an old thread but has anyone confirmed the cable lengths?

‘The F-1247B long cable should be 124" and the F-1247A short cable should be 33.75", as measured from rod end to center of eye’

I thought you measured the cable from the centre of the fork hole to the end of the treaded turnbuckle stud?

Thanks,