What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft fuselage wire harness routing

Nashman

I'm New Here
I'm currently installing the aft fuselage wire harness (WH-00057) per the instructions in section 10-25. There isn't a lot of space for the wires as they pass between the bulkheads and J-stiffener and it seems like any movement could cause damage to the wires over time. I'm considering wrapping the bundle with heat shrink in those areas but wondering if there is a better way.

Also, wondering about those that have flying -14's have any second thoughts about how the harness was routed. Having to climb in the tail to pull another wire in the future seems challenging with all the tie-wraps. Or, is this a "stick to the plans" because it's a non-issue? I figure now is the time to consider it before I rivet all the skins on.

Thanks

I'm currently installing the aft fuselage wire harness (WH-00057) per the instructions in section 10-25. There isn't a lot of space for the wires as they pass between the bulkheads and J-stiffener and it seems like any movement could cause damage to the wires over time. I'm considering wrapping the bundle with heat shrink in those areas but wondering if there is a better way.

Also, wondering about those that have flying -14's have any second thoughts about how the harness was routed. Having to climb in the tail to pull another wire in the future seems challenging with all the tie-wraps. Or, is this a "stick to the plans" because it's a non-issue? I figure now is the time to consider it before I rivet all the skins on.

Thanks

I actually installed some extra wires while I built the tailcone - ran them along the right side, opposite the wires that Van's supplied. Then when I was about ready to fly, took them out as I couldn't think of anything I'd need to add back there. If were adding wires later, would find a way to use a flexible conduit through bulkheads or a pull wire along the side J-stiffeners. But I can't think of much I'd add that far aft..

I wondered the same thing, so used some caterpillar grommet held in place with some RTV. Don?t know if this is the right thing to do or not but anyway...

zu_NjyeNq8fJXuRsIH-TNTsvdQITvljACLboBaVtBkf46FHQ669YCQrRK7cMSWj94I5rP9qKy97r2rpsFvpXfLOW79fVXeMWFzojOiGUvTR1q8NZGfs2PUpDzsaEO_-9DABoiOPcKl0eIbPQmPEBeX06v-Zvq7q8lIl85WZJk1-jXG94iXmLfS5sTNADeI8rOsusUz7TDYJZrios8ydFA6cs3TgeXR32mAtJYhNgfwiCO_NxJW-W0NCeeVWPvECXddUHz0Xu0UskhiP1-5Sg9gEBap-o6PIiC8-bN7xCUBbPVT111KLhSf_xrbvkes29CP6urgnBO0jYrtsHqg3J_V_h5LYdC6vLfibIw0j3heKGoDGp9JG8rvudBgnOouGPr8jw1ziY5zyx1cpvs0JbIFhJGOLfXRlgq8z7mjHaP2J-J4TP9dJMWJRnTgf_MI4Y2ryXzTTJwsK77URseGLsj3J3ophb8OTX1NiCyf1cGZ9F3dSUnhzGn7pngCaJ8-Z-n0Zyj0mSmMf3yy0egy-dKIBRbQGZQxtz9lLk-aLmUjyoMNv-0WselcMDhAgyddqcr_c7vvQ72iAQvq2hAajYFP8EDasrzYtwBbx1XNhFKB_U8Bzi9yLtdu7-I3-4iTnHbccTy1DV2ZGafPstjAQV-Y4Yq9qaTkMe6QG-p2MTjnDrq-GKUZW-fdac6zwwQUSunmP-Tfq4z9QwCekwtZAH19eY9A=w750-h1000-no

Back