VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-31-2018, 03:29 PM

Default BWI insurance

Just got a flyer from bwifly.com offering VANs aircraft insurance. Big letters say, "just announced for march 2018 - lowest rates in the country."

Before I end up downloading a virus or giving up my mother's maiden name, has anyone ever heard of or dealt with this company before? Looking for a review. Should I bother visiting their web page?
Pink slip - 7/2017
RV-10 Build Log
Old 03-31-2018, 05:14 PM

Bill white insurance. Been around for years.
N199EC RV6A flying
Learn the facts. "Democracy dies in darkness"
Old 04-01-2018, 07:57 AM

Default Iíve used them.

I had a twin Comanche and a C150 with them in the last year. Rates were best I found.
Purchased flying RV-7
Old 04-01-2018, 09:07 AM

Got the flyer as well, received quotes for both planes....well above what I pay now. Not impressed.
Aero Engineer, A&P
Old 04-02-2018, 07:15 AM

Default Not the RV

Just to be clear. I do not have my RV with BWI. The rates that I mentioned were on a twin Comanche and the C150. I have my RV with Gallagher.
Purchased flying RV-7
Old 04-02-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Got the flyer as well, received quotes for both planes....well above what I pay now. Not impressed.
May I ask who you are with Shane?
GTN 625
GNC 255
GTR 20
GTX 45R
G5 x 2

Facebook "log" https://www.facebook.com/BZsRVproject/
Old 04-02-2018, 03:37 PM

Just a reminder: this thread is about insurance BROKERS. Insurance brokers represent the client (the pilot) to multiple actual insurance companies (who never deal directly with the pilot). You want to pick an insurance broker based on their knowledge and customer service. In principle, all insurance brokers will get the same quotes for the same pilot. In practice, there may be small variations (broker may take a smaller commission, for example) but the single largest variation is usually the fact that the insurance companies, in an effort to keep their cost and confusion down, will often refuse to quote one given pilot to more than one broker. So my advice is to pick one broker with a good reputation for knowledge and service; discuss your needs and desires with them, and ask their advice; let them get quotes for you. Asking multiple brokers is counter-productive, as they will be unhappy after they've done the work and find that companies will not quote them because you've already been to another broker.
Exception: AVEMCO does not use brokers, they are (the only) "direct writer". Send them an application if you wish (in the past, for me, they have come in much more expensive than the broker-found companies).
For the record, I use Gallager (nee NationAir) and have always been happy.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTurner View Post
AVEMCO does not use brokers, they are (the only) "direct writer". Send them an application if you wish (in the past, for me, they have come in much more expensive than the broker-found companies).
Just received a quote from AVEMCO. More than double what am currently paying.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:10 PM

Default BWI

BWI is my agent for insuring our RV-3. Propt service, good rate.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTurner View Post
Just a reminder: this thread is about insurance BROKERS. Insurance brokers represent the client (the pilot) to multiple actual insurance companies (who never deal directly with the pilot). You want to pick an insurance broker based on their knowledge and customer service. In principle, all insurance brokers will get the same quotes for the same pilot. In practice, there may be small variations (broker may take a smaller commission, for example) but the single largest variation is usually the fact that the insurance companies, in an effort to keep their cost and confusion down, will often refuse to quote one given pilot to more than one broker. So my advice is to pick one broker with a good reputation for knowledge and service; discuss your needs and desires with them, and ask their advice; let them get quotes for you. Asking multiple brokers is counter-productive, as they will be unhappy after they've done the work and find that companies will not quote them because you've already been to another broker.
Exception: AVEMCO does not use brokers, they are (the only) "direct writer". Send them an application if you wish (in the past, for me, they have come in much more expensive than the broker-found companies).
Thanks Bob, you are always so knowledgeable about the insurance process. I wanted to add one more thing to what you had to say. We do have several companies that will give quotes out to more than one broker, but the quotes should be the same across the board. For example, we will not get a higher/lower quote than another broker as long as all of the information given to the insurance company is the same. If the premiums do not match, something is incorrect on one of the quotes. This is important because there is a possibility of a claim being denied if incorrect information was given.

Gallagher Aviation
877-475-5860
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
(Formerly NationAir Aviation Insurance)
www.ajg.com/lightaircraft / www.ajg.com
Opinions and advice provided by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is not intended to be, and should not be construed to be, legal advice. Please direct any request for legal advice to your attorney.