What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose wheel Tapered Vs Ball bearings

...We can do what ever works best for you, no worries. Just let us know how and what works best for you and it will be done. Thanks, Allan...:D

Thanks for that Allan. Since fitting the "Nose Job" we have gone in and out of some rough bush strips that we would not have been game to to take on before, no prob's.

Here's a question for you and anyone else that has some input.

I could not go tubeless with the Grove wheel because of the valve stem hole. I would like to go tubeless with the Matco to keep the spin-up mass down (as well as the overall weight).
Has anybody got any reasons why this could be a bad idea?

Bob&Robyn Dennis
RV9a registered RA AUS (600 KG (1320 LB) MTOW)
406 KG (893 LB) empty weight

Here's a question for you and anyone else that has some input.

I could not go tubeless with the Grove wheel because of the valve stem hole. I would like to go tubeless with the Matco to keep the spin-up mass down (as well as the overall weight).
Has anybody got any reasons why this could be a bad idea?

Bob&Robyn Dennis
RV9a registered RA AUS (600 KG (1320 LB) MTOW)
406 KG (893 LB) empty weight

The Matco wheel is not designed for tubless tires. The wheel needs to be sealed with an "O" ring. You might need to look at Beringer...... http://www.beringer.fr/images/NewsMot1/Kit Freinage Van's AERO 2009.pdf

Beaging Mod!!!!!

...We now offer this bearing and wheel service on all brands of wheels used on the RVs including the RV-10. If you haven't done so, please go have a look at the videos on our web site that explain this modification in detail. We offer one day turn around on this service so no waiting for your parts to come back. Thanks, Allan...:D

Over 100 done So far!!!

...Well today we just went past 100 completed bearing modifications and must say the feed back has been all very positive and it seems that everyone is extremely happy with this service. It seem to be growing every day with more and more showing up. We would like to say thank you to you guys for all the support and acceptance. Sometimes we forget to do this along the way with our lives becoming more hectic daily. Ar any rate, we just want t5o say thank you. Allan & crew at A.S.A. :D

Need some more feed back!!!!!

...Will some of you guys that sent in your mains for truing and balancing please post your results or opinions after installation. We are also interested in the results with the ones where we trued, faced and balanced the rotors as well. Thanks, Allan...:D

This is a great upgrade. I liked it so much I immediately pulled the mains and am having the upgrade completed on those next. More to come...

Thanks Allan!

Back