What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2019 Van's Calendar Golden Ticket Winners Chime In

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
(starting this for those who found a ticket)

Mike G in NE Ohio
"Not the grand prize but made my heart skip a beat!
Thanks Vans!"

1543761559.jpg

Wish I could make the trip

to visit Van's ground zero --- but I do appreciate the ticket!

Ron

Thanks, Van?s!

I got a surprise yesterday. I’ve bought at least two Van’s Aircraft calendars every year for over 20 years. This is a nice “Thank You.” I have Golden Ticket No. 19. With three reported in this thread, there are 22 more out there, and two of them have more value than the rest.

Last edited:
If you get a Golden Ticket, be sure to read the instructions at the bottom and send your email to the address that's listed!

With three reported in this thread, there are 22 more out there, and two of them have more value than the rest.

Actually, I have an update on that. There very well may be three tickets that we stuffed in calendars that have considerably more value than the rest... ;) Possibly something along the lines of another tail/emp kit discount ticket...

Lots of the calendars have already shipped, with more orders coming in and shipping every day, and we still have some in stock available to order! But at this rate we may just run out of calendars, so order now to make sure you get yours!

Last edited:
I just ordered 2 the other day. Anxiously waiting.....

Why is it that I feel like the kid in Willy Wonka....

Update: I got my 2 calendars and like Willy Wonka, no golden ticket.
Oh well I have the best 2019 calendars available to man.!!

Last edited:
New calendar with a suprise

I got my calendars in the mail yesterday With lucky ticket #5. Thank You Vans!!:D

Received my Calendars today including an early Christmas present. Golden Ticket #3. Will place an order for a 14A kit before the end of the year.

So . . . . .

. . . . . what did you win?

I got a surprise yesterday. I?ve bought at least two Van?s Aircraft calendars every year for over 20 years. This is a nice ?Thank You.? I have Golden Ticket No. 19. With three reported in this thread, there are 22 more out there, and two of them have more value than the rest.

. . . . . what did you win?

Go to Doug’s first post in this thread and read the seven words in the black background in the photo of the Golden ticket. Choice of hat or shirt. Also a tour of the factory for me and a guest. I’ve done that but would like to do it again. However I doubt I’d travel all the way to Oregon just for the tour.

P.S. Christmas Day Update: I chose a shirt.

Last edited:
I feel like I won already

My prize is seeing my RV at the top of this post and on the front of VAF twice this week already :)

Still to get the calendar but they take a few days extra to reach Scotland.

The photo has been on my desktop since taken by Wallace, he has is an excellent photographer but also a wealth of knowledge on aircraft in general.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just got my 3 calendars..

..but alas, no golden ticket. I still feel like a winner though, because Vans threw in some nice Vans Aircraft stickers with my order.. and I have kids!
I'm sure they'll love explaining to their classmates what the sticker on their notebook refers to. Thanks Vans!

2019 Will be a Good Year !

Received my calendars and found that I had "Golden Ticket #21. Thanks Van's! I am looking forward to another tour of the factory to see the new production equipment AND scheduling a ride in the RV-12. This will be my next project after I finish my RV9-A next year.

Merry Christmas...

... to Doug, his family and all the VAF Community !

I've got a Golden Ticket under my Christmas Tree, thanks Vans !

I need to plan a factory visit :)

gt.jpg

Happy Easter with a Golden Ticket!

I?m one of the lucky winners of a Golden Ticket, but as a live in Germany I can?t take the tour at Vans Aircraft.

I would like to give away the ticket to someone who can use it and asked Van?s, if I may scan it and send it to someone else. I send it to Doug Reeves to give it away here at Van?s Airforce, but received no answer from him. So if anyone wants to have that ticket, please send me a PM.

Golden ticket!

Mine arrived this morning, with a golden ticket!! !
Help me clarify tho?; it invites me on a factory visit, announces that I can choose a hat or shirt, then, underneath tells me that I can redeem it at any time before July for $750 off the price of a tail kit.
Do they all say that, or am I extra lucky?
Best......

Mine arrived this morning, with a golden ticket!! !
Help me clarify tho’; it invites me on a factory visit, announces that I can choose a hat or shirt, then, underneath tells me that I can redeem it at any time before July for $750 off the price of a tail kit.
Do they all say that, or am I extra lucky?
Best......

You're extra lucky. They're not all that way. This video explains. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huspwi3qaNo

You can choose which prize you want to redeem it for. Now, if you decide to give it to a friend who's on the fence and it gets them started on a new RV project, PM or email me with the details and I'll help make sure goes smoothly - and I'll also make sure you get the shirt/hat of course!

- greg

Last edited:
Ticket

Thanks Greg. I?d like a 3, but really not in a position to start one. I?ve had a blast owning and flying my 4 for the last 12 years, and enjoying dealing with Vans Aircraft, I?d love to get someone started on one. I?ll keep you posted, but will put the word out on this side of the pond first.

5 calendars

I purchased 5 calendars. Three were for me. (Bedroom, Garage, and Hangar)

The other two were given away.

One of the ones that I gave away had a "Golden Ticket" in it.

Yes I gave away the calendar that had a "Golden Ticket" in it as a gift. Hope she enjoys her hat or shirt. I do not think she is the kind that will want to build an airplane. Years ago, she had a tour of the factory and has flown an RV to the factory including one that she owned.

Last edited:
Golden Ticket

I got one, Not sure ticket number, it says (VC551) on the back written in black marker. Shirt or Hat
Thanks Van's

I got one, Not sure ticket number, it says (VC551) on the back written in black marker. Shirt or Hat
Thanks Van's

Merry Christmas!

FYI for the broader audience: It might be best not to share the code on the back if you get a ticket, since those are the redemption validation keys hah. :D But, we got yours recorded in our system with your name and locked in for when you're ready to redeem!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got one!

Or more precisely, my brother-in-law got one because I gave him a calendar as a gift. :) Apparel and tour, not the $750. A major award!

Back