What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I?ve been pink-slipped!

sbalmos

Well Known Member
It’s a funny feeling when the day finally comes. A bittersweet feeling in a way. The end of an era. Some even say that it really is easier if it happens on a Monday rather than a Friday. And after 6.5 years in this same position, I had a feeling this event would happen to me at one point or another. I guess it really is time to move on and try out a new title.

... I’VE BEEN GIVEN A PINK SLIP!!! :eek:

v6PAPdj2jowXB51kqF_sKxlXYQS1nmxVz_SGCuev_omsUNUHtLFoG3l9vuqPX_El8TnWL1d1sJCk8XOQWBbGkM9p1cEisaS7W5juXH4BB3uU5rTjPp--0sjuGTbZvmp2TJlZFEqJXjKO6JDhxK-YRcm_gtxdszUSNbxuGvXzrze7IgYRHRRkUv-DyNBhJ_svClI6Wihi6VvRsyhUrsq4_arykbchcJiubSnayh37YRYHhLm0NqJ2WAT6mMw2iDmT6pgQzmrFUNr6Zy0L1e84ixJWpG3E6MBDB44j9PmAsQLqcXqjAKiCTcf2c5kU-OnHYeLj1mWoS5TF3thyX-da6OPx_cQNOwDARhVlatdPKc5qk3u7YEo0i_BoxKnk6vdYsN53d5NW1SrFghcuDZ1Hy-RfkbPurg1fW24C2vJB3NjoldF1m-QQohVLVNsQMWpD-mk2MtacQSRM9Twz_cM-oUXwfOWkzdvT8MX_Ekhavfvbw2nRVd95opcODw8Fcqz-qsLXRumgJhRYELc-0Uo9GVBZRlWpthTb3yhfDiDKREqQtCVfSpYD0iApCKA1oDlay_R_Wh8eH3xpt8ctU8N0RQnmQtDPXAcc-nL2UjJr6BvixBsda2MS1yXl5U3nSjI2z86nRFO8Xnl53ROm8LDOl48W9Hx3DEY1pg=w462-h616-no

eDwgpiCBuf6m67H7-BvtjpzOof-2hWl-Xq4_DV1gFfM0f9Z3338x5_CsQS4R26NCfeWc0YBW1THbOUhGtiXF1BrJ1Awyvq6Vhn-xq5TVVXFC8F81Ci1LMvO-VxJnHzGI1EpdDNPnB77ZYsoYBteB0iEFxI8WEvMpZd0CFX5IMZdHnSrkuyK3mizbOJwB9wx9SZuy6Tv6-DlvMs7xkZPcWPaQGpugfucbKAU-Hm_7nlkmAf6MkA6_tZ9XzMwcFlv18Cvkln_qJZ_SMyc18mVRWkdwYakcYl2wPaAGJvgGrD0exuQJJX60GwewIJVN9yJVntbnA1Nkf-a70EBZQ_VBYUgSIa_a0NW-PIgLVE_E7UfnAoKIcY76XSQiwwcotREzup2Gw0aYasPEh9412SI-8CsV0Kf_4u60yNBTRT-Vz8f-ZpaDtoYRfjYiaoCZHBn57oJ68ddBpatEL8XQEPMQi3TATIn0EbFCooC9aWhWJDr9XiUf78jEcWxOte-x5IjwTWk0UrsoE4uTo4z6kb3LlBLUyMBGW3bKY68d5YrXjDIpITxLfKDFFEzyPMxgJR9-a4z9Rjhbg0WNdWABrDg_Eu_yjb9dStqXAimfaz7c=w822-h616-no

IUhUGxusIQfd8aKaI5OutTJFauDtF_kVZKzDUv7d130Y2ykckkVO_jJEi_b_S-UvApVy_zyUJzmzkelGN6U987ogP1C_Qg8jZWRaNf17xnmv6XJBiIObIkcVJU8-Id8qCCIXwvnj039LBNF0hQkYT4JjYOSPeuc1ezetAuKlm4id5ERMQVhW_SHZ8MBdi2RpULHcz2yvjc39f5Ko_n1Ce0w-4GNMIAJchbC1g037daRhU0VLyRm1dhkvSCAfwTTZeB5QPyacxkAuOkRkFVQ9AZ_BOoXVChjBv39VfHv2jzu6WZNer0mW5wfzIkX3prACFEeNCPyGIjNJRIM_7FJBYtuAWqBOD9JBud8r5w8xqwWUjDbGbYCsmxrL19nS-nR8M9f6_x4Azz3Ij4cPCkT4btm1EEwdWBv8WQEfjykHtpEUt70Gw5kFNEeVpbvYe4_BHKoXTvDsxMP3djDujaYZVwXzHGyPiLuqD9AL3PueuGYsjdt3hF8rF63RPa0sLwdTel5Dv5YN300VghhWY02bZ7MSYBWu2EbdQs0O4TkElwk0vHBuSapmu4clZnv15wzWqPws-6tr9YAEKZLPUhMPBEMc22JYfp44WNASisRirHiDGVzEnfMexEiDNScsqk-6iL-HTMJhIhDQqh5wMacnQfYUoIvE4wPm9A=w462-h616-no

Melodramatic enough? :p Indeed, after 6.5 years of building, RV-9A #92087, N112SB, was unceremoniously declared airworthy this morning. Stan Faske of our Cincinnati FSDO, and Joe Schott (Stan’s eventual retirement replacement), both gave a quick but thorough lookover. A small punch list, not unexpected, was scribbled up. And then the paperwork started flying - literally, as the morning gusts came into the hangar. The airworthiness cert, operating limitations, and temporary repairman cert, along with some reference reprints of some ACs. With Butler County Airport being Cincinnati RV Central, Stan knows exactly what to look for and where, and pointing out bolts and nuts related to Vans to watch over in maintenance inspections.

I am deeply grateful to the collective knowledge of this forum, the large RV crowd at our airport, my fellow EAA chapter members, The Academy, my fellow nominees, my agent, my... oh wait. Sorry.

Next up, reassembling everything, and preparing for transition training with Tim Ribble next week. Then first flight some time shortly thereafter. And fiberglass finishing. And sanding. And more sanding...

The project isn’t finished, it’s only flyable.

Now, who’s holding my beer?

Last edited:
Fixed the glich

Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.

Bill Lumbergh: Great.

Dom Portwood: So, uh, Milton has been let go?

Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.

Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Congrats!

Congratulations

Scott, congrats-------now on to flight testing.

Last edited:
Well done Scott! Now fly that Phase I off and start having some REAL fun. :)

Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.

Bill Lumbergh: Great.

Dom Portwood: So, uh, Milton has been let go?

Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.

Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Congrats!

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Bob Slydell: Great.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

^^^ So many times how I felt out at the airport, especially if the day was cold (sitting in front of my small propane heater, spacing out), or hot (sitting in front of my box fan, spacing out).

Congrats Scott

Congratulations Scott,

I plan to fly into Butler some Saturday once I get out of my Phase 1. Stan issued my repairmen certificate when I couldn't get my local FSDO to bother with it. You guys are lucky to have Stan.

Scott
Congratulations!
Yes, indeed it is a great feeling ... and a lasting one.
Mine came three years ago, and still hard to believe. :)

Congratulations Scott!

Lots of hard work finally paying off. I hope to see your -9A passing by, from below, sometime soon.

To continue the Office Space analogy, it appears you've finally gotten finished with your TPS Reports!

-Paragon
Cincinnati, OH

Back