What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free propeller balancing using Dynavibe classic

jask

Well Known Member
Anyone who wants their RV propeller balanced at KRNM (Ramona) this weekend, let me know. You have to remove upper cowl, run the engine, take readings and place weights. Using a Dynavibe Classic, I will attach the sensors, determine the weights, locations and provide the hardware and demonstrate how the Dynavibe works. It will be a learning experience for you. Lycoming engines only for now. No case bolts ever removed and only a max of two weights added to the flywheel. Great results always in only 3 to 4 runs max. Prop must be in good shape with no grease leaks. RV aircraft only.

I can add weights to a spinner to balance your prop and calculate the proper weights for drilling and attaching to the spinner back plate later. You can drill, deburr and add weights later with the instructions I provide but you will go home with an unbalanced prop.

Glad to help fellow RV owners. email me if interested.
Note (I am not in the prop balancing business nor a rep for dynavibe)

Last edited:
I took Jim up on his offer for my Glasair. Although my Catto was nearly perfect, It was nice to have someone willing to lend a hand. Thanks again

Back