What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Simpson racing harness

dbegeman

Sooooo........I read the article in EAA magazine about Simpson harnesses and was wondering if anyone has mounted it in a 6 or 6A and what it entailed? Which version did you use? I like the idea of a crotch strap to keep the harness from riding up.

Thanks,
Dan

Sooooo........I read the article in EAA magazine about Simpson harnesses and was wondering if anyone has mounted it in a 6 or 6A and what it entailed? Which version did you use? I like the idea of a crotch strap to keep the harness from riding up.

Thanks,
Dan

I have the Crow 5-point harnesses. I think they are about the same price as Simson and they already sell a version for the RVs. Might be the better way to go. Note: I haven't read the article you referenced, so maybe there is something I am missing.

I have the Crow 5-point harnesses. I think they are about the same price as Simson and they already sell a version for the RVs. Might be the better way to go. Note: I haven't read the article you referenced, so maybe there is something I am missing.

Colin,
How did you secure the centerstrap? Pics would be awesome!
Thanks

Colin,
How did you secure the centerstrap? Pics would be awesome!
Thanks

I used the VANs 5th point kit for the RV-7, but cut off one side of the brackets and replaced it with a piece of angle so I could adjust the width. I also replaced all the belt ends from crow with standard triangular ends since they are shorter.

FP04102012A00057.jpg

FP04102012A00058.jpg

FP04102012A0005A.jpg

I used the VANs 5th point kit for the RV-7, but cut off one side of the brackets and replaced it with a piece of angle so I could adjust the width. I also replaced all the belt ends from crow with standard triangular ends since they are shorter.

FP04102012A00057.jpg

FP04102012A00058.jpg

FP04102012A0005A.jpg

Nicely done!!

Back