What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got it !!

VETE76

Well Known Member
I started 7 years and 3 months ago!! I have my airworthiness certificate!
the only thing he didn't like was I didn't have a 100LL decal on or near gas cap! Off to Tx for trans training next week.
2vwurdx.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

The RV-4 I purchased did not have any gas decals. I had no problems until I landed at Butte, MT and wanted fuel. The FBO guy told me that he could not fuel a plane without decals indicating the type of fuel requred, company rules I guess. He said that he had some that he would sell me, but he could not find them. Finally IIRC that he let me fill my plane and that was OK because if the wrong fuel was loaded it was my fault, not his (the FBO's).

I flew the rest of the trip (ten days ID and MT back country) and never had another issue. But his request made sense so when I returned to FL I purchased some decals and attached them.

Enjoy the transition training and the joy of flying a plane you built!!

Congratulations! I genuinely admire you guys who have the patience and perseverance to build your planes. I do not possess those qualities and am grateful that a guy like you did and eventually passed his plane on to me. Way to go!

Most of the new caps are engraved with the 100LL fuel info, negating the decal requirement.
Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
N942PT RV9A

Most of the new caps are engraved with the 100LL fuel info, negating the decal requirement.
Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
N942PT RV9A

But you still need to have the "capacity" placarded at each fill location.
Of course, you can have that engraved on the cap as well. Mine are.

one more step closer! just returned from transition training with Alex in Texas. also got it insured as of tomorrow! but it has been raining here on and off the last 5 days and its supposed to keep raining for the next 3-4 days. ****. oh well what's another week or so! it was perfect weather in Tx every day. sat it was over 100 but Alex had air conditioning in the rv7!! real cool! really!! it works!

Add 1 more RV7 1st flight!!!

as of 5pm July 4th 2013 my RV7 N861E and I made our 1st flight! Engine ran perfectly. all in all it was a great flight! hopefully the landings will improve w/practice LOL.
2enlpgx.jpg

Last edited:
BIG TIME CONGRATS

Fred, sorry I missed this. I don't think it made VAF front page. Great looking paint job. Stay safe in phase 1 and see you in the fall.

It was nice meeting you and I enjoyed our flight to Sebring in my -6 for the Weds morning RV breakfast last fall. It must have got you motivated to finish. :D

BIG TIME CONGRATS

Fred, sorry I missed this. I don't think it made VAF front page. Great looking paint job. Stay safe in phase 1 and see you in the fall.

It was nice meeting you and I enjoyed our flight to Sebring in my -6 for the Weds morning RV breakfast last fall. It must have got you motivated to finish. :D

it was a great flight! really enjoyed it.
it made me want to leave the next day to go home and work on it. but I did the next best thing and worked almost everyday when I got home. I would have been airborne 30 days earlier if our stinking weather was any good.
there were a bunch of great people at the breakfast and I cant wait to be a part of the flying crowd!

Back