What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A20 Bluetooth Cable Upgrade Rebate

What am I missing here?

Trade in a Bluetooth or non-Bluetooth A20 cable towards a new Bluetooth-enabled A20 cable.

If I already *have* a Bluetooth-enabled A20, what am I trading in and what do I get? A Bluetooth-enabled A20? ???

The site also says you can BT enable a headset that is not currently.

Some older BT A20s have limited BT capability but I don't recall the details. I think they worked for phone calls but not music or audio from apps like ForeFlight. I like getting the "500 feet" warning from FF while on approach.

The initial BT A20 only supported making phone calls over BT, not streaming music. You can upgrade the control box so you can now stream music too.

The initial BT A20 only supported making phone calls over BT, not streaming music. You can upgrade the control box so you can now stream music too.

Ah, got it...that's kind of obscure in the info on the website.

Don't need it anyway...music via aux input to the I/C (XM radio from the car)...

In my case, I have two A20s and one is much newer than the other, so this will have them at the same capability.

Did this upgrade at Oshkosh last year from the older Bose A20 bluetooth headset (only phone no music) to latest version and it works very well, one advantage is that the aural alerts from foreflight are now integrated with the headset which provides a somewhat more detailed traffic warning than the 796 aural alert.

It also means that when flying solo I do not need to have the intercom on to get music (I have an external music input to the intercom) although I know the latest intercoms have bluetooth built in these days.

With the iphone 6+ mounted on a magnetic mount on the panel I have a mobile info center for communications, texts, navigation and aural alerts etc. that works well as a backup to the systems built into the plane.

Figs

Back