Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2019, 12:34 AM

Default Digging Out My RV-6

Was sick last week, wasn't able to dig out the RV after each snow storm until yesterday.

Nikiski received more snow than Kenai, it is 15.2-miles from my driveway to the tie downs at the Kenai Airport (PAEN).

When I arrived after work yesterday, the RV was isolated by about 10-inches of frozen snow. It rained at 40 degrees F and then cooled down to below freezing before it started to snow.

Only way I could move the snow was by using a metal square tip shovel to break it up and then a plastic snow shovel to move it out of the way. Took three hours to clear the tie-down. Worked up a sweat wearing a t-shirt in 12 deg F coolness.

Anyway here are a few photos:

Time to start shoveling:

Tools used to clear the pad:

Finally to the Leading Edge, camera battery quit after this photo, notice the frozen rubble? It was heavy stuff to move/lift:

Here is what my home looked like today when I arrived after work:

My back hurts.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
UTC -09:00 Alaska