What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Want to split some alodine powder with me?

wrongway john

Well Known Member
Graco supply in FW sells it in 10 lb cans, at $43.87 a pound. Somebody want to buy half in the D/FW metroplex? If so, let me know, I want to get some next week and will go to pick it up to save shipping and hazardous waste handling costs.

Thanks, John

I would recommend scouting out any plating/anodizing companies locally to see if they would do it. It might seem expensive at first, but you'll get a fantastic job done, you won't need to mess about with toxic chemicals and you wont have to dispose of them afterwards.

This is my $0.02 after doing both methods. I found the tedium of the alodining process (hence procrastination) was holding my build progress up.

That might be the better choice, but I think I'm going to stick with the etch, alodine; then, prime with AKZO 2 part epoxy primer process for the insides since this is what I've spent the most time researching, and seems popular with a lot of builders even though I know it’s a pain. I’ll just go ahead and get the 10 lbs of alodine powder too, since it will store well.

This is my $0.02 after doing both methods. I found the tedium of the alodining process (hence procrastination) was holding my build progress up.

Yes, learning and understanding what metal prep and process to go with has certainly been time consuming and held up mine. I think I'm going to be fine though.

Back