What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WD-1014-PC

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I'm installing the aileron controls and the plans says to cut to length from one of the two WD-1014-PC . It's been quite a while since inventorying the kit and the remaining parts in the box are practically non existent . I'm finding a single piece about two ft long, of Chromally tubing that is .875 OD and fits perfectly in the torque tube collars.
Anyone know if the WD-1014-PC listed as two pcs came in a single length?
Thanks Ron

That's what I did, I looked up the incorrect PN on the list. Should have been WD-1014-C. I'll check when I get back out in the Hangar. Pcs are cut now. I had exactly enough tube to make three pcs exactly 7 5/16 . I used a tubing cutter to cut the pcs , no big deal but if I would have used a saw the drop piece would have been short. We only need two pcs but what is the chance that what was provided would be exactly the length to make three, no more no less.
Thanks Ron

Checked the RV-14 plans and it does indeed say to cut the WD-1014-PC into two pcs 7 5/16 in length. I think that is an error as the packing list does list the WD-1014-C as 4130 tubing, 22" long and says make two.

Last edited:
Back