What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best place to LAND/Stay in Dallas?

ddddsp

Well Known Member
Few of us Husker fans are planning to fly our RV's to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game Dec. 5th. Will arrive the 3rd or 4th and leave the 6th. Not that familiar with Dallas area..........where could we land to find hangers, fuel, rental cars, hotels, shopping for the wives, and easy access to the Stadium with minimal traffic congestion?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. May meet friends driving in from Houston............so maybe south Dallas/Midlothian would be a good place?

Thanks,
Dean 805HL RV10

Addision.. KADS

Nice airport, fbos, rental cars, and hotel rooms close by. Not too far from the stadium either.

Only draw back is the price of fuel can be a bit high. But for the location and airport, it's worth it.

Phil

On the way to Dallas, if coming in from the north, your best bet for fuel is Sherman Municipal Airport (SWI), about 40 miles north. Almost always the best fuel prices around Dallas.
For fuel prices, try to avoid Addison (ADS), Love (DAL) and McKinney (TKI).

Few of us Husker fans....

May meet friends driving in from Houston............so maybe south Dallas/Midlothian would be a good place?

Thanks,
Dean 805HL RV10

Going down to watch K-State play after the suprise beat down this weekend? :p

All in fun,

Current K-Stater

p.s. - Flew down to Midlothian Midway last June, nice airport, friendly FBO .

Man, that's a long way to come, and a lot of planning, just to watch the Longhorns beat the snot out of them...

But you get to fly your RV

;):D

Joe

Go Big Red!

Few of us Husker fans are planning to fly our RV's to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship game Dec. 5th.
Flying to Husker games around the nation! I'm adding this to my list of good reasons for building an RV:rolleyes:

Go Huskers!

Arlington or Grand Prairie

Both are close to the new Stadium. Arlington is probably more convienent to the stadium. Both are on the southern side of the metroplex. Hope to see you at the game--been waiting to see who the teams where.

ADS is a good place to land, stay, eat and, if it suits you, drink. Three FBOs on the field, not sure about ramp charges, but fuel is expensive - others have pointed out good fuel stops coming in from the N/NE, will add GYI and maybe DUA to that (call ahead for hours at DUA). Lots of local hotel rooms, not to far from the stadium, lots to do locally, good food. Call ahead to make sure they have ramp and/or hangar space for you.

There are viable alternatives, but they're either further out and/or not as well set up with things like rental cars and nearby hotels: RBD, GPM, GKY, JWY and TKI. DAL is probably expensive with ramp fees.

Let me know when you're coming and the ADS contingent will come and buy you a cold one. You're going to need it the way Texas has been playing. :)

TODR

North of ADS

What about the airport just 3 miles north of Addison............( Dallas Airpark I belive )....any RV s there?

Longhorns

"I can't really tell how Texas has been playing. I've been waiting on them to play someone ranked."

Have they played anyone ranked yet?

Back