What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking For A Control Grip

Will Bentley

Maybe I am just looking too hard. I want to replace my present wood grips that only have one switch capability, for a grip that has 3 switches.
I need a grip that will allow me to activate or deactivate my a/p, open/close my mike and one extra that I can decide what to do with as I get into hooking it up.

Suggestions on a vendor for such an animal??

Thanks,
Bill

I'm pretty happy with my Infinity grip Bill - but it has a few mores switches (6?) than that. You could always add some guns and bombs to use with the other switches if you had to....;)

Bill,
I don't have one but did look at the Ray Allen grips. Their model G301 has a PTT trigger switch installed and a blank faceplate for user expansion. I'm not sure about the feel, but have read some favorable comments on the list. I have a similar plan with PTT and AP/touch control steering setup. A third switch capability would be nice for future expansion. Right now I have a foam grip fitted, but haven't figured out how to mount the switches.

Here's a link:

http://www.rayallencompany.com/products/stickgripsG3.html

CH products all the way...................check them out before you buy............you will love them.

Dean

CH Stick Grips

Hi Dean, a couple of questions...do you (or anyone) know where can I get the CH grips from, and do you have any photos showing the trigger/other side buttons?? Do you find you accidentally press the button under the trigger?

Cheers
Steve

I bought mine several years ago from a place called "Custom Aircraft Grips". The owners contact info was

[email protected]
360-274-6508

I don't know if this info has changed or not. There were several options for the grips at that time. The ones I got are great quality and I am very happy. They are made out of a very hard wood and are quite nice looking.

Good Luck,
Tom RV-7A N175TJ Flying

Paul, Dean & Rocky (I leave anyone out?)

Paul...thanks for your info. I'm good on some of the switches, but if I start adding them for guns...well, my wife Just found out what I paid for the Trio, 430W and GI 106...it's certain she will be using those extra gun switches on me as she does a low pass over our hangar!

Dean & Rocky...I'll check em both out...thanks a bunch!

Will

Will,

www.chproducts.com.

Kevin actually sent me a grip to test in my hand for the feel and to physically look at the buttons. If you do not find his website let me know...........I will dig out his phone number. He is in southern California..............Great guy!

DEAN

Last edited:
CH Products

Hey Dean,

Hmmm, no joy on the chproducts website...it won't come up. I'd love to have his phone number if it isn't too much trouble...

Thanks
Bill (Will)

Ch Products

Hey Dean,

Hmmm, no joy on the chproducts website...it won't come up. I'd love to have his phone number if it isn't too much trouble...

Thanks
Bill (Will)
I can't get the site to come up now either, but it was working yesterday.

The CH Products site has technical information but it doesn't seem to be that easy to actually find out where to buy them. I won a set at LOE and was trying to price them. I finally just went by what they said the value was, at the raffle.

They do seem real nice, and no, I don't have mine to sell anymore.

The site seems to be working today. I couldn't get it to load last night either.
http://www.chproducts.com/oem/aircraft.html

I got two of these for my plane. Not flying yet. The grips are very comfortable and have plently of switches for my application.
I've used CH products for years and find them tops.
There's one guy at CH that makes and handles the joysticks. I think it might be Kevin. He really is very helpful and if I'm not mistaken, he's a pilot also.

The site seems to be working today. I couldn't get it to load last night either.
http://www.chproducts.com/oem/aircraft.html

I got two of these for my plane. Not flying yet. The grips are very comfortable and have plently of switches for my application.
I've used CH products for years and find them tops.
There's one guy at CH that makes and handles the joysticks. I think it might be Kevin. He really is very helpful and if I'm not mistaken, he's a pilot also.

Kevin is the guy that makes the aircraft grips at CH Products. He's not just a pilot; he flys an RV-6!

Kevin is a good resource, flys a RV 6 even.

I was interested in actually holding one of the units in my hand, not just looking at pictures, so they sent me a "demo" unit, to try out!!!

End of story, I bought 2 of them, one with only PTT for the co-pilot side, and the other with all the gadgets.

Bonus feature, internal relays, so you can activate servos etc. directly.

Last edited:
Found the stick grip and bought it!

Okay, I finally got hold of CH Products...saw their choices of grips..and yes, they look great. I call the number on that website and spoke with the main man. He sold me the CS-4 for $119. It is exactly what I was
looking for.

Thanks to those of you that helped me find the grip i needed...

Bill

Back