What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Posting H Stab Inspection Results?

jj_jetmech

Well Known Member
Is there, will there be or should there be a thread to report and track findings following the inspection of the HS per the SB? Does Vans try to capture any data from owners? How many airplanes as of today have had discoveries/cracks? Is this truly a structural design issue or isolated? Did a crack propagate from poor edge prep and relief or aerodynamic loads and stress? I started my 7 in November tail is complete, SB kit ordered, building fuse now QB wing coming. I'm a career AP/IA and FAA designee (DMIR) so I get it yeah it's an SB I trust VAns and I will do it but I'd like to know a little more before I start drilling.. I plan to wait until just before I mate the HS to the Fuse to comply with the SB. Hoping to Learn more prior to that date.

This thread:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=853855#post853855

It is up to 54 pages of posts, a huge number of them being inspection reports.

Happy reading!

Exactly, happy reading! Already following that thread which was why I made my post, as an attempt to capture only findings data.

You as moderator, Could a thread be started we're individuals simply state tail # , model, findings and compliance method? That's it, one statement like a log book entry. No reply's allowed, just what they saw and what they did.

Thanks,

Exactly, happy reading! Already following that thread which was why I made my post, as an attempt to capture only findings data.

You as moderator, Could a thread be started we're individuals simply state tail # , model, findings and compliance method? That's it, one statement like a log book entry. No reply's allowed, just what they saw and what they did.

Thanks,

Wouldn't a carefully written poll capture most of that data?

I would suggest using the Poll option. That way it would be easier to get a count of how many were inspected and their results.

I would suggest using the Poll option. That way it would be easier to get a count of how many were inspected and their results.

Anyone can set up a poll here - the problem I see is that they are one-dimensional, and won't capture a variety of information. But if someone can figure out how to make one do what you want, please have at it!

Back