What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Poll: ADS-B in, in/out, display

Jesse

Well Known Member
I'm curious, how many are using ADS-B in, ADS-B In and out, and what are you viewing it on?

I have a Stratus 1 for Foreflight wherever I fly.

In the -10 we have the Skyview ADS-B and love the functionality and display.

In the -9A, we are installing a Navworx ADS600-B and will display on 2 GRT WS displays. Everything I hear says it will be very nice, but not as nice as the Skyview because no traffic in PFD mode because no synthetic vision.

Dual Band ADS-B in via the Garmin GDL-39 that is remote mounted.

1090ES ADS-B out via the remote mounted Garmin GTX23ES fed by the Garmin GTN-650.

Displayed on the three screen Garmin G3X system (hardwired) and the Garmin Aera 796 via BlueTooth. Can also be displayed simultaneously on the Ipad/Garmin Pilot App as well over BlueTooth

The G3X/796 has a dedicated traffic page with zoom and altitude filters as well as dedicated a weather page. The Map can also display the traffic and weather. The flight displays can provide traffic info in 3D along with the synthetic vision.

I have a Navworx ADS-600B displaying on three AFS screens, GTN-650, as well as my iPad via Wi-Fi.

I get ADS-B in from SkyRadar D2 and it displays on my iFly720. No ADS-B out (yet).

Trig TT31 for ADSB out, Skyradar D2 for ADSB in displayed on GRT HXr and iFly720 in the back seat. WingX pro front and back gives us both lots of situational awareness.

Weather and traffic are outstanding.

Dual Band Radenna Skyradar D2 hard mounted and wired behind the panel for the "in" and GTX330 with ES/GNS430W for the "out". Displays on my new GRT Hxr display via USB and on the iPad via the Skyradar WiFi. Skyradar D2 also gets me maps/charts/terrain on the iPad, but I have not spent any time checking all of that out, yet. I am very happy with the setup. Since I already had the GTX330 and the 430W, this was a relatively inexpensive way for me to get ADS-B in and out.

Question for "dmaib"

Dual Band Radenna Skyradar D2 hard mounted and wired behind the panel for the "in" and GTX330 with ES/GNS430W for the "out". Displays on my new GRT Hxr display via USB and on the iPad via the Skyradar WiFi. Skyradar D2 also gets me maps/charts/terrain on the iPad, but I have not spent any time checking all of that out, yet. I am very happy with the setup. Since I already had the GTX330 and the 430W, this was a relatively inexpensive way for me to get ADS-B in and out.

What settings did you use on the GTX330?
(Pin 22 or 24? <Channel 1 or 2>)
("GPS" or one of the other choices)

And from the 430W what is the signal stream defined as?
(Will be using data stream from HXr for the moment so trying to figure out the right correlation.)

THANKS!

James

Trig TT-22 transponder
WAAS GPS data from GRT Sport SX

Radenna SkyRadar D2 receiver hardwired in plane connected to GRT Sport via Hub+USB
Display on EFIS #1
Display on 1st iPad via WiFi Connection using WingX Pro7

DUAL XGPS170 GPS/ADS-B receiver connected to additional GRT Sport via Hub+USB
Display on EFIS #2
Display on 2nd iPad via BLUETOOTH Connection using WingX Pro7
<<< I am doing BETA testing of this for DUAL and GRT.>>>

James

I have ADS-B in and out on my Dynon Skyviews. Absolutely love it. Best thing since sliced bread.

GDL39 796 and iPad

Since I was happy with my D100/D120 setup I opted for the GDL39 and upgraded my 496 to a 796. Works well. I also have the GDL39 connected to the iPad.
In my case I did not want to spend the $$ or take on a major panel upgrade at this time and I wanted some portability as I am starting another project (low and slow), the GDL39/796 fit the bill.

What settings did you use on the GTX330?
(Pin 22 or 24? <Channel 1 or 2>)
("GPS" or one of the other choices)

And from the 430W what is the signal stream defined as?
(Will be using data stream from HXr for the moment so trying to figure out the right correlation.)

THANKS!

James

James, PM sent

Bob,
What software are you using on your iPad with the Navworx? I am using the navworx with a win-doze tablet and am thinking about trying out the iPad.

We now have the NavWorx box up and running in the -9A. It is pretty impressive. The setup is a breeze compared to the last time I set it up using the command console instead of their new UAT program. The traffic displays very nicely on the GRT WS and the Radar showed as well. I didn't spend much time with it, but it's nice knowing that we have all of the information now, and now we will get full local traffic on the Stratus in Foreflight with ADS-B out in both planes. Should get my first cross-country flight with that combination tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Back