What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TeenFlight Puyallup celebrates first engine start

kbehrent

Well Known Member
TeenFlight Puyallup celebrated the first engine start on our first RV-12 (TF1) project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWgEKeyLM4Y

TeenFlight Puyallup is a Washington State non-profit and 501(c)(3) approved organization that is based at Pierce County Thun Field (KPLU) in Puyallup, Washington. We are in our third year of existence and received our 501(c)(3) approval in August of 2014. We currently have two RV-12's under construction. Our TF1 aircraft is nearly ready for first flight and our TF2 aircraft in nearly complete with the finishing kit. We will be starting a third plane in Sept 2015 with an additional 20+ students. Once the kids finish their build, they can begin their FREE flight training! We will be keeping our TF1 & TF2 aircraft for flight and maintenance training along with traveling to schools and events. Our TF3 and future planes will be sold once completed to continue funding the build program.

TeenFlight Puyallup is not just another teen build program. We offer our kids flight training along with career guidance through mentorship and job shadowing. One of our graduating students is now working at Alaska Airlines as a tech helper as he attends A&P school. That was his dream when he entered our program, now he's living it! Another one of our students just started his first commercial flying job.

We are currently working on a grant and scholarship program to help our students with their furthering education, whether college or trade schools. Colleges are more than willing to allow the kids to earn college credits in our program, we want to help them pay for it!

Alaska Airlines has been our primary sponsor and has been a valuable resource to our organization and to our students. Even before we received our 501(c)(3) status, Alaska was willing to step up and help.They are totally supportive of our program and WANT the kids to fly. How many other aviation companies are willing to do that??

Follow and Like us on facebook at facebook.com/teenflightpuyallup. Our website is www.teenflight.org

Our students and plane will be at Oshkosh this year!

Kevin,

Congrats! I know how much work went into this, and how much fun was there for all to enjoy. Looking forward to seeing you guys again at Oshkosh. Let me know if you need anything. We will be in the same area and will fill you in on details soon.

Bob

Big congrats, I grew up in Puyallup so nice to see these things going on at home.

Moved away in 2000 but I still call it home and all my family is still there. My daughter plans to move there to start college in a few years.

Back