What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Annual Inspection Checklist

Wow, six pages of "me too's"?? Guess I better jump on this bandwagon. Please include me as well!

krw5927 at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

me too as well...

civeng123 at gmail dot com

Is there any reason that this could not be uploaded to this thread? It would seem easier than having to email it to everyone.;)

Shannon

Me Two Hundred or something

According to post#, we're now more than 200 to have asked for your checklist. THAT is a success:D
Thank you.

danielmouly at yahoo dot com

Last edited:
to all the beggers and while appreciating brian's work and sharing,

don't expect too much...
it's just a single "letter" format sheet with a few checklist points, that you can more or less find in other maintenance threads/documents as well...

the all-encompassing step-by-step rv maintenance manual, including tools required, expendables lists and each required torque value is yet to be created ;-) then again, not all rv's are constructed exactly alike, so this probably remains a dream until i get to come up with such a manual myself ;-) too many other projects for now, though.

bernie

Condition Inspection Checklist

Would be much obliged to have a copy. We are getting ready to crank this Bad Boy for the first time.

Thanks

img1100cl.jpg

Dave Casey
RV-8 QB
LyCon IO-360M1S, 230 HP, "Ball Sack" cowl, MT, PMag, RVBits Plenum, GTN 650, SkyView.

Last edited:
Wow!!!

I must apologize for not checking in sooner.... Kid now weighs 17lbs and I've only flown Nanner Puddin twice in the last two months. I'm putting in 50-60 hrs a week at work and it's been hectic. We are also in the process of moving to somewhere with a better neighborhood after a young lady was tied up and beaten in our apt complex. I've also been balancing props and doing Annuals and weight and balances. I will sit down tonight and catch up with all the checklist requests. It will feel good to get back in touch with you all, the last couple annuals have been horrible. If the mechanic had not pencil whipped it for 5 years straight, they would be in better shape!!! Use the checklist and don't be afraid of the mirror!!!

You all should have them now :)
Brian

Last edited:
LOL!!!

Dave!!!! i could of sworn you had a watermelon on your canopy as I scrolled down. For a split second I did a double take! BEST OF LUCK on that first flight!!!!!!!!! Might want to take Paul and Louise up on their first flight checklist stuff!!!
Best
Brian

Me too

Is this the longest running thread? Thanks so much for sharing, I'd love a copy as I hope to be flying in less than a year. I'm thinking your checklist might be of use prior to first flight as well as annually. There's a lot of stuff that will be flying that hasn't been looked at in several years. [email protected]

Checklist's coming right up!

Hey everybody! I'll be emailing those checklists in a couple of hours, it's midnight and I've been pretty busy with a 7 mo old son and building a hanger. I could not justify the 350 a month for something I'll never own. Soooooo Anticipating the RV-14 coming out, I bought some land and built a 40 deep by 50 wide hanger. It's got radiant heat floors and 50,000 btu of AC. The walls are insulated with some new fangled metal and foam insulation along with drywall and it's going to be every mechanics dream. Double gang plugs of 110 on a 20 amp breaker every 10 feet all the way around the hanger. Hot water heater to heat the insulated floor and a washer and dryer in the corner so momma does not yell at me for washing work clothes in her good washer and dryer... heated floors are sooooo nice to work on. 220v welding plugs are in the corner and a people door and 8ft roll up garage door is in the back corner just in case I can't get out the 47' door on the front if there is a fire. It's going to feel so good building a -14 on heated floors.... and... if it gets too hot, there is a service grade fridge and commercial ice maker in the corner. I'll announce the hanger party when it's done and we'll get a couple grills going with some bbq!!!!

Checklists have been sent, caught up to here :) send me your email if I didn't get you.
Best
Brian

Last edited:
Back