What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heated Pitot with Safeair's plastic tubes

sglynn

Well Known Member
Safeair shows their plastic tubing attaching directly to Dynon's pitot probe, which is great. But can I do that with the HEATED pitot probe or will the heat melt the plastic Safeair tubes? Do I need to run aluminum tubing from the HEATED pitot to avoid melting anything? thanks

pitot

The pitot has aluminum lines that extend out the inside where the plastic lines attach.........no worry about melting...............UNLESS you cut those lines and put the plastic lines down inside the pitot.

The pitot has aluminum lines that extend out the inside where the plastic lines attach

The leads are about 12-14 inches long and the SafeAir kit comes with the necessary connectors to transition between the aluminum and plastic lines.

200811180017_28_1_m.jpg

attachment

Nate, thanks for the photo, I'll do the same. Question, is Proseal sufficient by itself to attach that bracket, I see in the photo that is holding the aluminum lines, to the the spar web?

thanks

Nate, thanks for the photo, I'll do the same. Question, is Proseal sufficient by itself to attach that bracket, I see in the photo that is holding the aluminum lines, to the the spar web?

thanks

Yes the bracket is prosealed to the spar web. I let it setup for a week before securing the tubes to it. It is very solid, and with the bends in the tubes it serves only to keep them from vibrating. There is very little weight or tension on the bracket.

Back